Chapter Nineteen

Seth looks to the last of the blood bags for Bella, Jacob stands behind Catherine, his chin on her head.

"So, that's the last of it?" Jacob asks.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow. If she's going to have any chance at all, she'll need more blood" Carlisle states, Esme looks to him.

"And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her"

"We need to go tonight" Rosalie states. Jacob wraps an arm around Catherine and pulls her closer.

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate. You will be slaughtered"

"Emmett will come with us" Rosalie offers.

"That won't be enough" Seth states.

"We have no choice, Seth. If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try" Carlisle states, Jacob kisses Catherine's head.

"You'd risk your lives for her?" Seth asks.

"Of course we would. Bella's a part of our family now" Esme answers softly, Catherine clenches her jaw, Jacob threads his fingers with hers and kisses the side of her head.

"I know what I have to do" he states, Catherine looks to him worried.

"Jake" he presses his forehead to hers.

"It's okay" he tells her. "Trust me" she nods, he pulls her head to his chest and wraps his arms around her stroking her hair.

.....................

Jacob, Seth and Leah stand on the treaty line waiting for Sam's half of the pack.

"Jake! They're coming" Seth states.

"I know"

"We should phase, Jacob. We can't protect ourselves like this" Seth tells him.

"They'll see it as a threat" Jacob corrects, they looks ahead as the wolves step through the trees. "I wanna talk! Be easier if I could hear you, too" Jacob tells them, they backtrack. Paul, Quil and Embry step back out in human form.

"This isn't your territory any more. How's the new family working out?" Paul asks.

"You done?"

"You coming home, Jake?" Quil asks.

"Not until I finish this"

"What do you mean?" Paul asks.

"I want Sam to take back Leah and Seth" Leah and Seth look to Jacob alarmed.

"What?" Leah asks.

"No way!" Seth argues.

"Quiet!" Jacob orders then turns back to Sam's pack. "I want them safe. And I want this over. I need Sam to give his word that Cat won't be harmed, that she'll be left out of this and he has to wait until Bella's been separated from the problem"

"You mean till she's dead"

"Ease up, Paul" Embry states.

"Then what?" Paul asks.

"Tell Sam that when the moment comes, I'll be the one to destroy it"

"Jake!" Seth yells.

"I'm the only one who can. They trust me" Jacob tells them.

................

Catherine stands looking out over the forest, wringing her hands together with worry, Edward approaches her, stands at her side.