Chapter Thirty Seven

Edward and Jacob stand side by side as Catherine and Bella stand together, the two men are just....waiting for one of them to kick off.

"Renesmee wants Nikki to join us hunting" Bella tells Catherine, not looking at her, her jaw wound tight. "And....for the purpose of mending bridges" she forces out. "I would like you to join us" Catherine raises an eyebrow at her and then looks to Jacob who nods. Catherine sighs and looks to Bella.

"All right, for the purpose on mending bridges" Niklaus and Renesmee, now looking at least 6 or 7 years old, share a look, Leah and Seth stood behind them, ever protective wolf imprintees.

......................

Jacob moves to Catherine who frowns trying to pull her jacket around her now visible bump, he moves to her shrugging out of his own jacket.

"Here, babe" he coos, she looks to him and smiles. He helps her back out of her jacket and helps her into his, zipping it up at the front. "There....perfect" he nuzzles into her neck and pinches her backside, she rolls her eyes but smiles.

.......................

Renesmee and Niklaus are playing in the snow with Bella and Catherine, Seth and Leah are in their wolf forms. Catherine's cell phone rings and she sighs pulling it from her pockets, glances to the screen before answering.

"Hey, Billy" she greets, Bella glances to her, a slight scowl on her face, not all that happy that Billy prefers the blonde. "No, sure, I can come over...." Niklaus looks to his mother. "Now? Urm...yeah, okay, I can come over now....I've got Nikki with though. Is that okay?" Niklaus moves to Catherine. "Yeah, give me ten minutes" she hangs up and lifts Niklaus up. "Sorry, we have to cut this short" Catherine looks to Bella.

"It's okay" Bella tells her. "Go see Billy"

"Thank you" Catherine tells her before walking away with Niklaus, Leah pads along behind them.

........................

Billy lifts Niklaus onto his lap as the boy runs at him, he looks to Catherine who raises an eyebrow at him.

"I wanted to talk to you about something" Billy tells her.

"Anything, Billy" She tells him following after him as he wheels away.

"I found something actually, something I want you to have....." he stops at the dining table where a box of things sit, Catherine moves to the box and chuckles seeing a photo of young Jacob. "It's a lot of things from Jake's childhood but this" he grabs a tiny box from the table and turns to Catherine. "I don't have a lot to pass on, and the girls got a lot of their mother's things, but this....I want you to have, to pass on to my grandchildren" Catherine takes the box and then looks inside, her breath catches. A beautiful cuff bracelet decorated with a wolf and turquoise stones.

"Billy" she whispers and looks to him. "This is....this is beautiful, I can't take this" he nods.

"You can, this is...." he smiles. "History" he tells her, she looks to him. "This belonged to Tama Ahki's imprint, a cold one...." she touches the bracelet. "I like to think now, that this could have been her life, a hybrid life.....but she...." he stops and looks down. "Taha and the pack.....I am glad Sam saw a different way forward" she smiles.

"So am I" she tells him, he chuckles and nods looking to Niklaus.

"I wouldn't have a grandson otherwise" he states ruffling the boys hair. Catherine's phone rings again and she sighs.

"Sorry" she tells Billy before answering it.

.....................

Catherine hurries back into the Cullen house with Niklaus, Jacob moves straight to them, he motions to Carlisle who is on the phone to Tanya, he hangs up and turns to them.