chapter 1

talia
"you're in your own office but i have another offer."
"what is it?"
"my pa, i'll pay triple the amount you get normally."

"i'll take it but only for my son."
"lia." he grabbed my hand but i pulled it away.
"jack, strictly business."
"okay your first task," he paused in his steps.
"come to lunch with me."

"i just had breakfast." i spat.
"did i say breakfast, i said lunch." he retorted.
i huffed and he pointed to a smaller office on the other side of the room.
"oh great, my office is in yours."
he chuckled and handed me a bunch of file folders to go through. i groaned and took them over to my office, "you can stay here."

i sat across from jack on his desk. organizing through old applications, agreements and contracts. "those are all old but i need them all filed here." he pulled out a folder from behind his desk and i walked over putting the papers in order. i could feel jack's eyes burning holes in me, i felt uncomfortable so i tried to file as quick as possible.

at the bottom of the stack of papers, there was a photograph. i turned it over, it was jack
and i, smiling on one of our numerous dates.
i sighed and closed the manila folder, leaving it in there.
"i'm done."
"lia." he said grabbing my hand.
"don't, let's just start over. please jack." i took my hand off his.
"i can't do anything without you."
"you did, for the past five years." i muttered.
"that's because you walked away! you walked out, you left me without an explanation!" he yelled.

"maybe i didn't need an explanation, maybe it was for the better. you cheated on me, i didn't." i stood up, storming towards the door.
"for the better? i had tried over and over to see you and our son, don't even start."

i sighed with my hand on the door, i looked over my shoulder at jack then left his office. i hurried over to mine, locking the door behind me. i had enough chit-chat time with jack. he is playing the victim and i'm sick of it.

"tali, unlock this door!" he said from behind the door, looking into the window. i flipped him off and went on my computer.

-
"mommy look! i can make a snow angel!" finn called, dressed head to toe in snow gear.

i always took him on trips out to the snow once it hit up in the mountains. taking him all the way back to omaha would be too expensive, just to experience snow. sammy and johnson always came with us, almost everywhere.

"i got you!" sammy yelled, softly throwing a snowball at finn. i adored them together.

  "i like seeing you like this tals." johnson said from behind, giving me a big smile. his arm wrapped around my waist. i found it easier to not stress while out on trips like these. for once, i wouldn't be worrying about finn, work, etc.

★·.·'¯'·.·★authors note★·.·'¯'·.·★
edited.