chapter 4

talia
"morning tals, i brought coffee!" derek cheered, barging into jack's office.
"thank you." i smiled, he kissed my cheek while jack looked rather annoyed.

"don't tell me that's going to be an everyday thing." he groaned.
"possibly." i muttered.

i finished up the dishes after our talk.
"tals, cuddle with me!" he whined.
"fine fine." i said, walking up the stairs.
i climbed into johnson's bed and he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"goodnight." he mumbled against my back.
"night, johnson." i said, closing my eyes.

"talia!"
"what, what?"
"did you not hear me at all? i said we have a meeting in the south building, in an hour."
"okay, i was just thinking."
"about?"
"things you don't have to worry about." i fake smiled, walking out of his office.

i got up and my phone read two-nineteen am, getting out of johnson's grip and grabbing my charger, i slowly closed his bedroom door behind me as i walked out. i grabbed my keys and ran out of the front door, making sure to lock it with the spare.

"shit." i said as i dropped my keys, probably waking up finn or sammy.
i looked over and i saw sammy peer from upstairs.
"you always do this when we argue."
"not my fault."
"well, you went to johnson's again?"
"yeah, i'm smart unlike you."
"whatever, i'm going back to bed."
"i thought we weren't going to argue again."
"i'm too tired, goodnight tals."

i heard a knock on my door, i looked up to see jack. he smiled and i flipped him off smiling back, "talia we have to go." he urged.
"coming." i said.
i followed behind him, as we left the building.

"so we were thinking about hosting a banquet ball." the man on the far end of the table said.
"or a fundraiser banquet?" another woman said.
i sat there listening, feeling vulnerable. i hate big things like this, especially public speaking. i looked to jack and he looked down at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"jack? you get the final say." the man at the end of table said.
jack looked to me again and i nodded.
"yes, i love the fundraiser idea. we'll have it in three days. as you may excuse me, my assistant and i have to go."

he said grabbing my hand and standing up. we walked out of the room and i immediately let go.
"did you not remember, i hate public speaking." i whisper-yelled.
"i did but i didn't remember when i had first set up the meeting." he scratched his head.
"jack!"
"i'm sorry, i'm sorry."

"i'm still mad." i crossed my arms.
"you know you can't stay mad at me."
"why no- jack!" i squealed as i was thrown over his shoulder.
"let's go, tali."
"this is very unprofessional you know!"

"it seems like i can't hear you from up there!" he laughed.

it was sophomore year and i was cheering for the boys at their big homecoming game. the game was almost over and they needed one more touchdown to win. i cheered as i saw the ball getting passed from sammy, then to big mike. the final pass going to jack, who was in the clear and ran all the way for the touchdown.

i jumped up and down, screaming out our cheers. jack continued running, making his way over to me. i opened my arms wide but he ended up throwing me over his shoulder.
"i told you! i told you that you could do it!"
"you've always been my biggest motivator, lia." he put me down and kissed the top of my head, engulfing me in a big hug.

the rest of the team coming to celebrate their win, hoisting jack up. that was probably one of the best games they've had in a while. i remember when jack talked about wanting to quit football but i talked him out of it.

★·.·'¯'·.·★authors note★·.·'¯'·.·★