chapter 6

jack
"mom, i told you." i said over the phone.
"i know honey, but it would be nice to see you guys together again. especially with finn."
"i'll try to visit and i'll see if i can convince her. okay, i love you ma." we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.
not only did she keep finn from me, she kept finn away from my family. they were so excited when they found out she was pregnant, especially laura. i only saw talia pregnant when we went to laura's wedding, i didn't expect to see her there but she came.

the bridal party and immediate family was expected to come early before the ceremony for pictures and celebrations. laura told me i was already paired up with tals before she found out what had happened between us. she also said it was too late to make any last minute changes. i agreed because id rather not deal with another person upset at me.
i entered the room fixing my tie and i saw talia, standing there in a plush pink dress with her pregnancy only showing in the slightest. she looked so beautiful. it was hard, just to stand here and watch her knowing she's upset at me.

"tals." i walked up behind her, tapping her shoulder. she looked up at ms with a clenched jaw, my eyes softened whilst looking into hers. "i need everyone to come here really close!" the photographer exclaimed.

we walked over, all the bridesmaids and groomsmen were paired up to take solo pictures. most of whom were really close to each other, whilst tals and i were..you know. when it was our turn, i wrapped my arms around her. smiling as the photographer counted down, "one more." she yelled.
i put my hand on talia's bump and kissed her temple. that was definitely a picture i'd keep forever.

"mr. gilinsky?" candace called, taking me away from my thoughts. she walked into my office with a familiar face.
"ah my man." i went over and dabbed him up, thanked candace for bringing him in then shut the door behind us.
"so long time no see sammy." i said, taking a seat at my desk. he pulled up a chair and cleared his throat, he then smiled.

"g, i know we don't talk about him but this kid is a splitting image of you. i wanted to pay you a visit and catch up. i spend so much time with him, it's scary how much he reminds me of you." sam said, his face looking a little stunned.
i smiled, twiddling with my thumbs because i never get anyone telling me about how he is or what he's like. i only know that he exists, that is pretty much it.
"it hasn't come up in conversation with tals, but i respect her wishes with him. i'm willing to wait no matter how long it may take. i want to gain that trust back with her."

sam nodded, "you've really grown up havent you."
"shut up." i scoffed, typing an email back to a client.

he leaned back in his chair and threw his hands behind his head, "in all honesty g that is my sister. of course i want the best for her. just please, don't hurt her again. it was hard seeing her go through so many things and you know how she tries to keep that strong face."
i shook my head, "i've regretted it since the day she left. the day i realized i was a father, i knew i had to shape up."