chapter 11

jack
the sunlight shining through the windows blinded me, making me wake up. i looked to my side and there she was, sleeping ever so peacefully. after so many years, i was so in love with her. i couldn't fathom not being with her, especially finn. i finally feel pieced together again, seeing as my family is coming into harmony.

i texted sammy and derek inviting them to brunch, they agreed and i responded that i'll have a time ready whenever tals wakes up. i told sammy to bring finn. i wrapped my arms around talia, excited about our new fresh start. i was hesitating and overthinking all night about our kiss in the bathtub, i am trying not to rush talia into anything too fast just yet. even though she and finn are already moved in with me, i'm trying not to force a relationship. that's the last thing i want to do, i have done a terrible mistake so many years ago and i'm afraid that she might still be holding that grudge against me.i heard soft groans next to me and tals stretched her arms out wide. she stretched them over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"good morning." she mumbled, i looked down at her and smiled. i was eager to see finn again.
"good morning, we have brunch in an hour. will you have enough time to get ready?" i wrapped my arm around her, kissing her forehead. tals yawned, nodding at the same time. she sat up in our bed, taking one last big stretch before getting out of the covers.

"where are we going?" she asked.
"not too far, there's this place a few minutes away. won't be too long of a drive." i got
up from our bed, making my way to our closet.

i was practically ready, i got up before tali and did my whole morning routine trying my best not to make too much noise. i just wasn't sure what to wear, even though brunch is pretty casual. i grabbed a blue sweater and some black shorts, hoping that was a good combo.
i could hear tals humming from the bathroom, a smile began to creep onto my face.

talia
after we finished getting ready, jack and i made our way to his car down in the parking garage. he opened the passenger door for me with a smile, allowing me to get settled in first.
"are you hungry?" he asked.
"i'm about semi-hungry, not too hungry." i shrugged.

he was singing along to the music and looked over at me with a grin, then looked back to start reversing. it made a slight blush appear on my cheeks. the simplest things always make me smile when it comes to jack, ever since we were kids. the drive wasn't too long like he said, we parked and jack went around to open my door for me.
"such a gentleman." i laughed.
"only for you." he responded, interlocking his hand with mine.

we made our way into the restaurant, which had a homey type of vibe. i followed right behind him, not too sure of what he was doing.
"i have a reservation for gilinsky." he said, the waitress said a few welcoming words before asking us to follow behind. she took us to a more secluded area with not many tables and a gorgeous view of their garden patio through the windows.

"this is beautiful." i took a seat next to him, putting my purse on the head of the chair.
"i know you are." jack said, brushing his thumb against my thigh. i giggled, smiling at him. his eyes were gazing deep into mine, making me feel slightly intimidated.

"woah woah, we didn't mean to interrupt your moment there!" i heard him giggle, pulling out a chair.
"sammy." jack groaned, rolling his eyes.
derek, sammy, and finn all came by to join us for brunch, i smiled immediately going to hug finn and setting him down in my lap.
"hi my love." i cooed, kissing his cheek.
"i missed you mommy." he let out.

jack gave me a playful glare, "hey what about me!" he told finn.
"i missed you too daddy!" he cheered, wrapping his arms around jack. he took him in his arms, kissing the top of his head.
my heart felt whole, seeing finn and jack so happy together being able to be theirselves.
"how is work derek?" i asked, rubbing finn's back as he sat down between jack and i.
"my floor is so damn annoying, i miss my work bestie." he groaned.

"well your work bestie is busy with the boss lately." jack joked, making me blush.
"that sounded so wrong." sammy shook his head.
"how's johnson?" i asked him, sammy's head shooting up at me.
"he's doing alright. pretty busy, you should give him a call sometime." i nodded.

the waitress came by, setting down five waters and one in a special cup for finn. we weren't really ready yet so i told her to give us a few more minutes.
"aye sam, can you take a picture of the three of us?" jack asked, handing sammy his phone.
"ok, finn look at uncle sammy give him a big smile say cheese!" i told him.
we scooted in a little closer, smiling as sammy took multiple pictures. i felt my heart race for a moment, i think i was more worried about finn getting adjusted with jack rather than myself.

sammy handed back the phone and jack leaned over to show us the pictures, finn giggling at himself. seeing pictures of us like this made the thought of our future stick in my brain, i was afraid. i know there are endless possibilities but what if they never happen and i'm just jumping the gun because he is?

-