chapter 13

jack
tals and i have been talking about sending finn to school the past three weeks, deciding and contemplating which school he'd be thriving in.
i knew that once he'd start school, we were gonna miss him more. besides spending every waking moment with him, it was hard to be away from finn.

we decided on a school not too far from our house, it was in a good neighborhood and i was pretty familiar enough with the area. i've only driven past it a couple times. i gave tals and i the day off, just so we could send off and pick up finn on his first day of kindergarten. speaking of sending off, tals was almost done getting him ready. we ran him a bath, made him special breakfast and tals definitely made sure to take multiple pictures for memories.

"is it bad i'm nervous?" i told her.
"honestly i am too, i think it's normal. i had him in preschool for a bit before and even that was hard. he was throwing a big tantrum everytime, so i took him out." she said, packing up his backpack.
finn was tying up his shoes, he also seemed a bit nervous. tals and i talked to him to make it easier on us, it would be difficult to leave if he were to get fussy.
"are we going?" finn asked.
"yes love, we are gonna go take mommy's car and then we are gonna drop you off." i rubbed his back, being a dad was still something i was trying to get used to.

tals grabbed his lunchbox and backpack, handing me the keys to her car. we walked out of the house, finn racing towards thr elevator. he loves elevators, especially the ones with glass so he can look out as the elevator goes up or down. i can imagine this being harder for tals than for me, she's always been by his side since he was born. only taking help when needed from sammy or any of the other boys.
the elevator doors opened, revealing the garage and finn ran out straight to tali's car.
"finn be careful!" tals yelled, hoping he was paying attention for incoming cars.

talia
after getting settled in the car, jack started driving to the school nearby. it wasn't too far of a drive so we were happy it wasn't going to be a stress to be away from finn. even if we were working, jack does have our nanny on standby.
apparently finn likes uncle sammy better than the nanny, when he told us i started laughing so hard.
jack parked, making my heartbeat pick up in a matter of seconds. i double-checked that finn had everything, we helped him put on his backpack and he grabbed both our hands as we walked up to the school. jack glanced at me, smiling.

we walked into the kindergarten area, trying to find finn's classroom. there were so many kids running around and playing together.
"hi! are you looking for your son's class?"
"yes, his name is finnegan gilinsky." jack replied.

the teacher looks on his paper but shakes his head, "he's not on my roster so he must be in a different class. let me look and i'll show you where it is."
"thank you so much." i smiled, looking down at finn.

"ah! he's in the classroom at that last corner, his teacher is ms. plaza." he pointed in the direction of finn's classroom.
jack thanked the teacher, as we headed towards finn's class. i was so excited for finn, he was gonna meet so many new kids and play with kids his age.

"hi! there are a bunch of name tags here with your child's name and teacher." she greeted, jack trying to find finn's name.
"ms. plaza right? we're finn's parents."
"nice to meet you guys, typically only one parent comes to the first day." she gave a blank smile, i ignored her. jack still talking to the teacher, i went into the classroom with finn.
"look, there's seats with your name on it buddy." i guided him to his seat.
"it says my name!" he exclaimed.
"yea and you put your backpack here, you sit here and do whatever the teacher says ok? give me a kiss and pound it." finn gave me a kiss on my cheek, i held out my fist and he put his against mine.

"can i go play?" he asked.
"yea, just make sure you don't take that name tag off." i said, getting up from my crouched position. he ran off to the playground and i walked back over to jack.
"well.. my wife and i work together. it's not just me as the boss, we work together." he put emphasis on wife. i cleared my throat standing behind them, throwing a fake smile.
"ready to go, babe?" my eyes glaring at finn's teacher, jack interlocked his hand with mine.
he nodded, we both didn't say another word to the teacher.

we looked on the playground for finn, to say goodbye but he was too busy having fun. we waved and he gave us a small wave back before going back to playing.
"she was so rude!" i said, rolling my eyes.
"she was way too flirtatious with me."
"i know." i groaned.
"you were jealous!" jack exclaimed, poking at my sides causing me to laugh.

"stop it!" i screamed, jack still trying to tickle me. he wrapped his arms around me, kissing my forehead trying to calm things down for a moment. we pulled apart, going inside my car and jack didn't start the car. he looked at me and smiled, grabbing ahold of my hand once again.

"how about i make us some coffee when we get home, have a bit of time to relax and after we'll get ready for work then head to the office?"
"i'd love that." my cheeks getting rosy once again.

i hated how easily i could melt under jack, it was very obvious. he was just perfect, i felt as if nothing could change the way i feel about him.