chapter 2

talia
i was in the printing room as jack was in sitting in at one of his weekly meetings. i was on my phone, waiting for the many papers that jack needed. i heard someone walk into the room, but my eyes were still glued to my phone.
"talia?" i heard a familiar voice, causing a smile to grow on my face.

"derek!" i yelped, jumping into his embrace. ever since i went mia, i only kept contact with sam and johnson in order to keep my son's identity safe. i was bound to running into friends, but they always had respected my requests for privacy.

"you look so good! i haven't seen you in months! last time i saw you was finn's birthday right?" he kissed my cheek, seeing derek reminded me of how much a tight-knit group we all were.

"yes! i also didn't know you worked here? i kind of just started." derek's eyes widened, "you're telling me that jack hired you? how's that possible?"

"i'm his personal assistant, i took the job because it was really good money." derek handed me the stack of papers that just finished out the printer, "well let me at least give you a tour."

we left the printer room, heading back to the elevators. 
"how was your first day with big boss man?"
"ahaha! you wish i liked it." candace frowned at my sarcastic tone. derek was trying to hold in a laugh while we were waiting for the elevator. i smacked his arm, "she probably has a crush on him."

the elevator doors opened, "jealous much?"
derek smirked, hitting a button as the doors closed.
"never, that is all long gone." i replied.

the doors opened and a beautiful room revealed, fully stocked with drinks and snacks of all kinds, large glass windows that panned the whole los angeles skyline, and so much more. derek explained how this was the lounge for all employees, they could take the time to get some food quality rest as for jack cared about everyone who was under him.

derek took me to a room filled with massage chairs and desks, "if anyone's ever feeling stressed they can just come up here." there was a plethora of food and drink options, so lunch could never get boring according to derek.

"how long have you been working here?" i asked.
"when jack took over, he offered me a position here. i took it right away, not much of the old crew works here. big mike worked here for a bit, he left about a year ago." i nodded, following derek back to the elevators.

"now, this floor is where my office is." he smiled, the doors opened and revealed a quite annoyed jack.

"tals, i've been looking everywhere for you." he said with a low growl in his voice.
"oh derek was just showing me around. as, somebody seemed to have forgotten to give me a tour." i smiled.

"i need you now. he can give you a tour later. bye derek." jack stepped into the elevator, pressing the floor where our offices are.

jack
she's so stubborn, i wish she could let me in. i wanted her to forgive me, but i wanted the old tali back. i missed having her around, i missed being with her and being able to laugh uncontrollably.
"what do you want me to do now?"
"nothing." i shrugged.
"what do you mean nothing?"
"do you even want this job, tali?"
"of course, it helps me out with my son."
"our son." i corrected her.
"yea, i want this job."
"then start acting like it." i said.

the alcohol began to take over, i wasn't aware of anything at all. it had been two years since i had seen her, there's no way she wants me. she probably is living her best life, married and happy.
i began to cry, i had missed her more than anything. i didn't even know the gender of my child, i wasn't there for the birth of my child. all because i fucked up, if i could take it back i would. if i didn't cheat, maybe i could be with her right now playing with my two year old son or daughter living my best life.
it never came up with the boys. i knew they were seeing her and keeping contact, maybe meeting our child. they never told me even if i had asked. i wanted to know if they were okay and taken care of. i fucked up and gave up my chance of knowing anything.

"jack!" she said taking me out of my thoughts.
"w-what?"
"these just came in, did you not hear me?"
"just put them right there." i pointed at a spot on my desk.

"okay is that all?" she sassed.
"tali wait, stay out here." i whined.
"why, you have company." she pointed at my computer.
"i just want to talk to you." my eyes getting glossy, i motioned for her to take a seat.
"jack, there's nothing we can really talk about. it's my first time in five years ever seeing you, i'm not going to bring up the past."
"if i'm going to bring up one thing from the past, it's that you still look amazing."

she sighed then walking away, out of my office. she had definitely grown an attitude but i like it. if i had to fix one thing between us, it'd be our friendship. i miss being able to talk to her anytime of the day. she helped me through so many problems and tragedies, she's one of the few people that know me better than anyone.

i just want her back.

★·.·'¯'·.·★authors note★·.·'¯'·.·★