chapter 9

jack
it was morning and i decided to give the both of us the day off, let people assume what they want but i couldn't let this day with tals be ruined by work. i slipped out of her arms and picked up the room phone, smiling.
"can i order room service but can i charge it under a different card. i can hand it off to whoever comes in."
"yes, what could i get for you?"
i ordered a variety of foods since i'm not sure how lia's taste has changed over the years. i thanked the employee and they said they'll bring it up when it's ready.
i got back in bed with tals, checking my emails and seeing if anything was out of place while at work.

*new text message*
derek: how'd it go buddy?
me: really man..
derek: i loved you guys together so i wanna know !!!
me: nothing really happened yet so i'll just tell u when something does
me: nosey ass..
read 10:12am

i heard a knock on the door and it was room service, i went over to my pants and grabbed my wallet. i opened the door with my finger up against my mouth, hoping they'd stay quiet for tali. i also grabbed a twenty and handed it to the man, along with my card which i watched him swipe. there was flowers on the cart of food, which was perfect to wake up tali with. i put them on her nightstand, getting back in bed with her.
i lightly shook her, whispering her name. she groaned and shifted, stretching her arms out. rubbing her eyes then sitting up in bed and smiled at me.

"good morning." her voice raspy, she looked up at the food and gasped. i shrugged and pointed at the flowers, letting out yet another gasp.
"jack you didn't!" she jumped on me and instantly wrapped her arms around my neck. she kissed my cheek, embracing me in a longer hug.

talia

while we finished up our breakfast together, there was one thought that never left my head. how would i have him finally meet his son?
how would i explain to finn after these years of telling finn that his dad was busy working and lived somewhere else, that he's finally here?

"do you like the flowers tals?" jack cooed, wrapping his arm around my waist.
"i really do, i love em jack." i smiled.
jack kissed my temple and it made me feel so warm inside, making me giggle.
i set my plate back on the cart and sat on the bed. i was debating on this for a while.
"hey jack?" i pat the empty spot in front of me, intending that he should sit by me.
"what is it?" he grabbed ahold of my hands.
"how would you like to meet your son?" i smiled, jack jumped up and picked me up cheering.

"tals, i'd fucking love to. i honestly would love to." his eyes getting glossy, i wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.
"oh jack, don't cry. then i'm going to cry." i awed.
"that means we have to get all your stuff packed!" he yelped.
"it's okay, just be patient."

jack
we got tali's things into my car very fast, when i say we i actually mean me. she typed her address into my phone, getting me excited. i rested my hand on her thigh throughout the drive, i needed to be somewhat calm.
"what is he like?" i asked.
"he's such a ball of energy and he always wants to learn something new every day." she cooed.
"does he look like me?"
"you guys are twins. he has some of my features but that's all gilinsky on there." she laughed, it made my heart flutter.
we were pulling into her driveway and i could feel my heart racing out of my chest.

"you ready?" she asked me in a giddy tone.
"i am." tals interlocked her hand with mine as we walked up to her front door. pulling out her keys and opening the door quietly, we stepped into the house and i shut the door behind me.
she put her things down and lead me to the living room, i heard a little gasp.
"mommy?" my heart skipped a beat at his little voice. he ran towards her with open arms, she picked him up kissing him on the cheek.
"did you miss me?" she smiled.
"only a little bit, uncle sammy says if i miss you too much i'll get sad." finn had a slight lisp.

she pointed at me, "finn do you know who that is." he smiled at me as if he already knew who i was. he put his hand on his chin to show that he was thinking very hard.
"is that my-"
"i'm your daddy." i said, accidentally cutting him off. my eyes started to get glossy and my vision got blurry.
"really? you're my daddy! i've missed you for so long!" tali handed finn over to me, i had to wipe my tears.
"i am buddy, i really am." i smiled, trying not to cry.

looking down at him was looking into a mirror, sure he had some of tali's features but he definitely was my twin.
"so daddy is gonna be with us now? all the time?" finn asked, tals and i looked at each other confused. "i just see all the other kids at my preschool with mommys and daddys."
i felt tali's hand on my back, "we'll figure this out bud." she said.

"can i show daddy my room?" he asked tals.
"of course." she smiled.
i put finn down and he grabbed my hand, taking me up to the stairs. i heard tals giggle and i looked back at her, she gave me two big thumbs up.

-