chapter 10

jack
"he's honestly my twin ma, i would love for you guys to meet him." i said over the phone.
"have you been spending a lot of time together?" my mom asked.
"yea, ever since the day i met him. i've been taking him to the park, picking him up from school and taking the three of us out to dinners."
"i meant you and talia."
"oh no, the connection is dying!" i made white noise sounds and i could hear my mom calling my name before the connection cut out.

tals came into my office with a stack of folders, probably the new contracts that i had printed out. she set them down on my desk and took a seat across from me.
"candace sure has a stink eye out for me." she said, laughing a bit.
"sucks for her." i said, picking up the contracts and reading them.
"those just came from the investors who we met at the banquet, i think that one is from the ones in new york." she said, walking towards me.

she was wearing a light pink dress and some heels, she typically wears a button up top and some type of skirt. i couldn't take my eyes off her, talia has always been so beautiful.
"can i ask you something tals?" i grabbed her hands, putting the contract down.
"shoot." she told me.
"i don't want to jump the gun here but how would you like for you and finn to move in with me?" i said softly.

her mouth stayed agape for a moment before answering, "we could but who's gonna watch finn when we're working?"
"i could arrange that tals, don't worry about it. i promise, i'll have everything covered. just move in with me, is all i ask." i wrapped my arms around her waist. she looked up at me, giving me a small grin.
"yes." she nodded and i hugged her, picking her up and spinning.

"thank you!" i said, kissing her head. still hugging her, it's taking all of me not to kiss her. i don't want to pull any moves if she's not there with me yet, she's also really good at hiding her emotions so i can never tell.
"i'll hire movers, everything. i just want us to be happy. i'll have everything covered and taken care of." i whispered.
"thank you." she said, hugging me tighter.

talia
jack and i finished up three meetings before heading out of the office, we ran into derek and caught up with him for a bit. jack and i headed to the elevators where i knew candace would be watching. i interlocked my hand with his, he pressed the button of the elevator and we waited for it to reach our floor.

the doors opened and he pressed the garage level button. my heart was racing, i'm moving in with jack. it's going to be the three of us together, after so many years.
jack opened his car door for me, thanking him as i got inside.

my heart skipped a beat, knowing that we were now working and living together with our son.
jack pulled out of the garage, making his way home. i've never actually been to his house but seeing how incredibly beautiful our offices are, i can imagine his home is far more incredible.
"are you hungry?" he asked, interlocking his hand with mine.
"no i ate up in the gallery, not too long ago. i'm just a little tired." i said.
"i can run you a bath when we get home." he smiled, that damn smile.

my feelings for jack were coming back, i try not to show them but he's so affectionate it's hard not to. it's just a little awkward to be the way we are without a label to it. when he met finn, that's when i knew. i was more emotional than i thought i was going to be, just seeing how much he's matured and how well he is with finn has made me fall in love with him all over again.

"we're here!" jack sing-songed, i got out of the car following him to the elevators.
"you live in a pent house?" i gasped.
"it gets lonely being here all by myself tals."
the elevators revealed a hall, i followed behind jack as he pulled out his keys.
"this is unreal." i said, he opened his front door revealing his home. our home.
"welcome home tals." he cooed, making my heart flutter.

"come." he said, interlocking hands with me once again. we went up the stairs to his bedroom, he grabbed a towel.
he opened a closet, "i had this stocked only a little because i don't really know your style outside of work."
"this is my closet?" i gasped.
it was stocked with almost a month worth of clothes and it had everything from shoes to pajamas.

we went into his bathroom, he started running the bath and poured some soap while throwing in some rose petals.
"i could get you wine." jack said, watching me take off my heels.
"i'd like that." he went downstairs and i immediately stripped myself of my clothes, wrapping the towel around my body. i touched the bath lightly, making sure it wasn't too hot.
"red wine?" jack said from behind, making me jump.

"yes, maybe a warning next time before you do that." i said, i looked to jack who was holding a bottle of wine and two glasses.
"i grabbed the best one i have." he said, setting the glasses down and pouring them up halfway.
"you have a window in your bathroom." i pointed, laughing.
"it's a beautiful view tals." he handed me a glass, having a little cheers moment before taking a sip.
"to us, to moving in." i smiled.

"turn around." i told him, he put both hands on his eyes and turned away. i dropped my towel and hung it up on the holder, slowly making my way into the bath. it was very soothing, the wine just added to it.
"you can look now." i said, he turned around looking at me in awe.
"do you like it?" he asked.
"love," i corrected. "would you like to join me?"
"give me two minutes." he said, making me giggle.

my heart felt full again, this was not what i had expected whatsoever taking in this job.
jack made his way back into the bathroom, wearing a towel. my eyes examined his chiseled features, looking much more buff than he did five years ago.
"close your eyes." he said, i also scooted up to make room for him in the tub. there was probably more than enough room as this was a really nice bathtub. i opened my eyes once i felt him behind me, "lay back." he told me.
my bare back was against his chest, his hands wrapped around my waist.
"you looked so beautiful today." he whispered.
"i cant thank you enough for everything you've been doing lately." i replied, looking up at him with a smile.

our faces inching closer, our noses bumping together only slightly. it was silence in the room, the water was still and the only thing you could hear is our breaths. our lips touched for a brief moment, causing my breath to hitch.
"isn't this a little fast." jack whispered.
"you're sitting in a bath naked with me."
our noses bumped once again, i could feel my heart racing. our lips finally connected, moving in sync with each other. his hand made its way to the back of my neck, my hands wrapping around his neck.

"i missed you so much." jack said into my lips, i only hummed in response. his lips tasting of vanilla and wine, his tongue swiping mine.

-