6.

The day before our departure to Hogwarts, Molly was hastening to get everything prim and proper. My trunk was lying ready at the foot of my bed, a shoulder bag placed on top of it. I had gotten everything beforehand, cheers to Dumbledore.

I stare out of the window, watching the sun dip into the horizon. It sprays the room with the warmest shade of orange I can imagine. This was Rosemary's favorite color. Sunset orange. She always told me that sunsets are a proof that endings can be beautiful. I believed her then as I let the orange drip down her portrait. As I let it stain me. Color me.

I don't believe it. Not anymore.

My world has ended, and it isn't beautiful. The flame that ate my life wasn't beautiful. The fire that destroyed my soul wasn't beautiful. It was ugly. Nothing was ever ugly to me. It is now. Everything is.

I shut the curtains and let the darkness swallow the light.

• • •

Getting to the station was no big deal.

Except the fact that I felt like puking out my breakfast after side-along apparating with Arthur. Not like I ate that much. I had felt my body twist and turn and be squished to the size of a can. Believe me, it is not something you wanted to try.

Going to Platform 9¾ is something new. We make a run through the wall in between Platform 9 and 10. Smoke rises in the form of tendrils from the scarlet express. Dora catches me before I climb into the train.

"Write to me, okay?" She says it as a question, but it is a command. I nod. "I mean it." She shakes my shoulder. I nod again. She smiles and sighs at the same time.

"Think about dyeing your hair yellow, will you?" she grins.

I chuckle lightly, "will do."

"Be safe."

"Can't believe that's coming from you."

She laughs. The large black dog at my feet barks. I bend down and pet him.

"Take care of yourself, Snuffles," I tell Sirius who is in his Animagus form. He wags his tail and licks my face. I shove him off as Dora laughs and holds him back. I wave to them and get on the train, my truck hovering behind me.

I search for an empty compartment – let me tell you, it wasn't an easy task – and in the few seconds that I was standing in the aisle, I wanted to scream. Firstly, because I was annoyed. Secondly, because I was annoyed at a bunch of kids who were causing a ruckus.

After having – finally – found an empty compartment, I set myself down on the seat and stretched out. Looking out the window, I thought I saw a man with particularly long and blonde hair. I feel a flicker in my stomach; I look back, but he's gone. Surely, he has a son who is named Draco Malfoy going to Hogwarts in Slytherin. Harry told me this. I take a deep breath and settle down for the journey.

• • •

My muggle clothes have been kept in my truck as I changed into my robes. The train lurches forwards as it came to a complete stop. I sit in my compartment, not moving until the crowds have cleared from the hallways. My dagger and wand press to my side as I get up.

The chariots are being pulled by Thestrals: not everyone can see them, only those who had seen death. They were hence considered bad luck; they were anything but that. Their eyes were bead like – white and shiny and looking directly at me. Almost like it knew me – like I was a lost friend.
[Black – powerful and sophisticated.]

Their neck was almost dragon-ish. Their skeletal body intrigued me; I stretched one hand out to touch its translucent skin when someone grabbed my hand.

Beside me, clutching my hand, stood Harry Potter, looking at the Thestral with a mild look of panic. I pull my hand back and cross them over my chest. He mutters a small apology but doesn't look my way. If his eyes were lasers, they would have cut through the poor winged horse a long time ago.

"You can see them too?" he mutters.

I nod stiffly.

"See what? What are you guys looking at?" Ron waves an arm out.

"Thestrals," I say shortly and climb into the carriage.

The carriage held a girl with dirty blonde hair and dreamy eyes, looking exquisitely when I take my seat. I try to dodge her gaze – no go.

"I never knew you would be joining us this year," she says, a certain bounciness in her words. [orange with lavender.]

"And I suppose you know who I am because...?" I squish to the side as Hermione, Harry and Ron squeeze in. I'm slightly annoyed now. Only slightly.

"Oh, father would always talk about your mother," she giggles.

"My mother?" I frown. The carriages lurch as they begin to make their way up the same castle, I saw almost an eternity ago. It feels like that.

She nods dreamily, staring up at the blanket of stars. "They worked together for some time. Father says she was the Greatest witch ever. Cassiopeia Morgana. You should be proud to be her daughter."

"How did you – do I look just like her?" There are stones in my throat. I try to gulp it down. Can't.

"Oh, yes," she nods pensively, "except the hair. She was a redhead."

This was the first description of my mother's appearance I hear.

"What were they working on?" I ask.

"I don't know," she giggles again.

I nod. "And you are?"

"Luna Lovegood."

Hermione awkwardly clears her throat, "which house do you want to be in, Celestia?" Oh, so we were on first name basis now? Okay.

"I don't know," I say shortly.

"Well, you should definitely be in Gryffindor," Ginny chortles. Everyone agrees.

"or you could be a Ravenclaw," Luna titters.

"Just like my mother." I only mean to think it.

"Which ever you want," Harry says, "but except Slytherin. It's full of spoilt brats."

"That's not true," Luna asserts, a deep frown on her face. That frown destroys her angelic features.

"Oh really? How many of them are actually nice to you?" challenges Ginny. "Give me the names, I'll wait."

"A ton more Slytherins than Gryffindors," she declares. The atmosphere is suddenly tense. I could cut it with my dagger.

"Stop lying," Ron spits.

"I don't need to prove the honesty in my statement to you," she snaps. Damn. She turns to me.

"You don't need to listen to them," – she throws the four Gryffindors dirty looks – "go where you want to, Morgana."

"It's Celestia." I look sideways at the rest.

--a/n--

Ooo, which house do you think she'll get into?
Comment your houses, Potterheads!
I'm a Slytherin. Hiss hiss bitches. 
Pramiti xx