27.

All I did last weekend was fool around with my friends and practice how to control my powers with Dumbledore and how to close my mind with Snape – I didn't almost kill him, thankfully – and throw a bunch of daggers and archery in the Room of Requirements.

Okay that's a lot. But maybe that's why I had little to no room for entertaining anything else i.e. self-depreciating thoughts. Maybe I should give some credit to the small doses of Draught of peace that I now take several times a day.

And as Caelum had promised, he got me a truck load of art supplies. I am not kidding; he actually did do that. From charcoals to canvases of every size to acrylic and oil paints and every kind of brush in the world to Prisma colours and sketchpads and dry chalk; I now have a lifetime stock of art supplies.

I tried to pay him. I did. And you know what he said? That it's nothing! It would have cost him at least ten thousand pounds!

If your next question is, have I painted anything yet? The answer is no. I just couldn't. I'm trying. And I'll do it, soon enough. I will.

"I believe in you," mum says.

"Thank you."

My broom arrives on Tuesday morning. During breakfast. Let's say, the owl was probably the clumsiest, so it didn't end well. Tracy ends up drenched in pumpkin juice and grumpy.

"Come on, kid," Caelum drags her to the Slytherin dorm as she frets about her hair.

I set the parcel on my bed, carefully undoing the letter. Dora's scratchy handwriting was easily identified.

Hey kiddo,

I cannot tell you how happy I am! You got on the TEAM! Yahoo! I wish you could have heard me whooping through this piece of parchment. Anyways, good luck at Quidditch and your studies.

You talked about your friends in the last letter. Carina Lestrange, huh? Give her a kiss on the cheek from me, will you? It's great that you've made amazing friends. And I'm really really proud of you.

We all miss you. Can't wait to see you for Christmas.

Love you loads,
Dora xx

I set the letter aside with a smile.

Tracy is still complaining, Caelum casts some complex charms around her. Carina is laughing at Tracy for being such a kid. I shake my head, smiling.

I open the parcel gently; the polished ebony shines in my eyes. The broom is the finest piece of wood a person could want to ride on. It has pinpoint precision; an aerodynamic perfection.

"Is that a –" Carina says, "a FIREBOLT."

I grin at her, "I take that you like it."

"Oh my god," she rushes towards the broom, "please can I ride on it once."

I narrow my eyes. She gives me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," I sigh. She whoops. "But after the practice."

"Me too," Tracy calls from the dressing table. Caelum scolds her, telling her to sit still.

"Sure," I say.

"We'll come to see your practice," Carina says, checking her makeup.

"Are you sure it's me you want to see?" I tease her. She blushes immediately. Aw, so cute.

"Shut up," she mutters.

I grin.

"Done," huffs Caelum, keeping his wand back. Tracy squeals and hugs him. His cheeks are bright red roses. I wiggle my eyebrows at him.

"And," I say, quickly bending over to peck Carina on the cheek. She looks at me wide eyed.

I hold my hands up, "just giving you love from Tonks – I mean Nymphadora."

"She sent that, did she?" she asks in a small voice. I nod.

"Guys, we need to leave," Caelum checks his watch. "We're already late."

We are. We reach late to Transfiguration and get ten points taken. We gain five times of that back in Charms. All set.

--a/n--

just a short Chapter before a hecking long one.
Pramiti x