26.

The next morning, just as Montague promised, the designer – a young, tall woman with perfectly curled hair and fitted robes – is waiting for me in the Common room.

She was pleasant, and kept a lively chatter going on throughout her work. She also kept throwing comments at me making Montague snigger.

"There you go," she hands me the two sets of uniform – one for practice and one for actual matches. The fabric feels alive under my fingertips.

"Thank you," I hug the uniform and breathe in the scent, "... the money?"

"Thirty galleons," she smiles. Handing her the money, I thank her again.

"I wish you good fortunes, miss Morgana," she bows. She packs up her stuff into a small but seemingly endless bag and takes her leave.

I look down at the uniform – the emerald and silver shone, showcasing all the pride I have in my house. The jumper is tight fit with the classic house colours and the pants are stretchy and comfortable – almost beige in colour. I love it.

"You have dark circles under your eyes," Montague observes. I look up.

I point over to my friends – they are huddled around the fireplace, immersed in a game of chess – and smile. "They wanted to celebrate."

"Trust them to party," he smirks. I arch my brow. "You have no idea how hard the Slytherin's party," he sniggers.

"I'm not entirely sure I want to," I chuckle. He shakes his head.

"Oh, you do," he says, "everyone should learn how art from us Slytherins."

I grin, "can't wait."

He chuckles, "try these on, just in case."

I nod, "sure."

"Have you ordered a broom yet?"

"I sent the slip out this morning," I shift my wait from feet to feet. "I should get it by our first practice."

"Good," he affirms. "Anyhow, that was some seriously cool bit of playing yesterday."

"Thank you," I smile.

"We're setting out to win this year," he grins.

"Aye aye captain," I grin.

He chuckles, patting my back and leaves.

• • •

I don't like this wooden chair. It's too damn hard. My butt hurts. Can I leave now?

"You are progressing," Snape regards me with a cold glare.

"Progressing?" I ask, "I've shut you out countless times."

"Well then I suppose you can do it again," he snaps and points his wand. "legilimens."

I feet him invading my mind – I shut him out. My glare ice cold – I don't look away. I shut him out twice more suddenly feel exhausted. And in that one moment that I falter, he successfully breaks my barriers. I try to kick him out; no go. Images begin to flash in my mind

I see Rosemary running up the hill, mum cooking us dinner while dancing around in her unicorn jumper. I see the eternal darkness the forest. I see them I hear them. Their laughs smiles everything that was ever the light of my life. And then it's gone. I see my house ablaze, Rosemary's fallen body and the Death Eaters and people I killed –

I scream. I'm on my knees. The air has turned thick. My palms are suddenly set ablaze. The flame was there, I could feel the heat, but it wasn't burning me.

I look up, my face red, my forehead shining with sweat, eyes bloodshot.

"I hate you," I seethe.

I place my palms on the chair. At once the flame spreads, licking the brown wood into the unmistakable shade of charcoal. The yellow, orange and red flames light up the dark dungeon. Black smoke rises in tendril. I stand up facing Snape – who bears cold indifference with such causality, I want to set him on fire.

"Are you trying to threaten me?" his cold voice forms a brilliant contrast with the hot air. "You need to control your emotions. That was your past and –"

"That doesn't mean it hurts any less," I fired back. My palms are a bonfire. Literally.

The flames are growing, I can feel their increasing warmth as anger builds up inside me. The air grows progressively thicker; it's a marvel Snape is still able to breathe.

"Then you're a coward."

My nostrils flare up. In one swift motion, the dagger is in my palms and then out, flying straight at Snape.

He only misses being struck by ducking down. The dagger strikes the dungeon wall with a clang.

"How dare you," I rage. Behind me I hear the splinters of wood fall to the floor, still burning.

Severus seems aghast.

I just realize what I've done. If he hadn't ducked down, the dagger would have hit home and he would be as good as a corpse right now. I take deep breaths – in and out- in and out. The chair isn't a chair anymore, it's a lump of charcoal on the floor. I take in deep breaths. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. The flame extinguishes, the air clears out.

Shame hits me like the black brick used to make the dungeon. I look at Severus – he's eyeing me coldly.

"I'm sorry about your chair."

"And what about how you almost murdered me?"

I shrug, "A little."

He raises an eyebrow.

"You did pinch a nerve" I pause. "But I am..."

"You are...?"

I glare at him. "I am sorry."

"I didn't hear you."

"I AM SORRY," I say loudly. Yup, still glaring at him, "and maybe you need a hearing aid. Age seems to be catching up with you."

It was his turn to glare at me – I smirk. He sighs and turns around, walking towards the silver dagger stuck in the stone. He touches the hilt and pulls it out.

"Where did you learn to do that?" he asks, eyeing me sceptically.

I roll my eyes. "I was a Cadet, remember?"

He narrows his eyes further. He throws the dagger towards me. I catch it with ease, returning it to its place.

"I'm sorry, again," I say sheepishly.

"You must learn to control your emotions, Celestia," he says slowly. "You cannot wear your heart on your sleeves, control your emotions. Don't wallow in sad memories. That is your past. It cannot be changed. Only accepted. But you must also know that it is not your future."

I raise an eyebrow, impressed. "Since where are you a philosopher?"

The corner of his mouth twitches upwards. He wants to smile, just not in front of me. "Get out."

"For sure."