29.

A week flies by and I hardly notice it. Everything had been going better than it was before. I was glad, so glad. Mum would visit me once in a while, I grew better at trying to control my powers and emotions. I had now started practicing non-verbal wandless magic. I was hard. Very hard. It made my head burst. And that's why I wanted to master it the most.

I also set my hands on fire a couple of times. Dumbledore was amazed. He had no idea what the hell was going on but told me I need to learn to control that too. Surprise. Snort.

The fact that I had my friends beside me was very comforting. I didn't hurt myself. I had tried to, but Tracy found me that very moment. I was in full supervision from then on.

Caelum, Tracy and Carina are In D.A.D.A. right now. Poor souls. I'm sitting on the windowsill of one of the many large windows of Hogwarts that outlook the mountains. I make a quick sketch of the view in front of me. Yes. I sketch it.

I hadn't gained enough courage to actually sit in front of a canvas, but I decided to start small. Maybe then it would be easier.

I rub the charcoal over the paper, painting my journey. From ground up. The sharp peaks and the gentle valleys. The glistening lakes which seem to be made of mermaid tears. The grey clouds that never let the sun reach the ground. The scarce vegetation starving for the rains.

I feel someone near me. I quickly turn around and see a ghost. Literally.

I had seen many ghosts floating around Hogwarts by now, just not her.

Helena Ravenclaw stood – or maybe floated would be a better choice of word – in front of me. [what colour could you give ghost? I would give her magenta.]

A small gasp escapes my lips. I quickly stand up, returning my sketchpad to my bag.

"Celestia Morgana." I would suppose she looked beautiful with her waist length hair and floor length cloak, she carried herself in a serene manner, an air of pride surrounding her.

"We meet at last," she says.

"I don't think I've seen you around much," I smile at her.

"I tend to keep myself away from the boisterous environment of the school," she says slowly.

"I agree."

She only looks at me, not blinking. A chill runs down my spine due to the intensity of her gaze. I straighten my back and tilt my head, "Is something the matter?"

"You bear powers indescribably mighty," she says suddenly, her voice drops to a whisper. "So, I advise you, Celestia Morgana, never, in your life, go after what you greed. It will lead you to a fatally devastating end."

I gulp and nod, "Of course, Helena. I shall keep that in mind."

She looks at me, a small smile twitching on her thin lips, "You are very gentle and wise, Celestia. May we meet again."

With that, she turns and floats away and out of sight, leaving me flustered.

• • •

I ruffle through the sheets. "Caelum," I say.

He hums in response, not looking up from his Divination work.

"Help me with the star chart, please?" I point over to the missing moons of Jupiter. I couldn't seem to be able to find them. Even though I looked everywhere in the sky. I found Andromeda and Ursa Major and minor and Uranus and Pluto but not the blasted moons.

"Here, let me see," he pulls my chart towards him and starts pointing out positions.

Tracy is immersed in a Muggle novel while Carina is out hanging out with Adira. They look really cute together. Carina was ecstatic when Adira asked if she wanted to hang out with them. Her smile was so bright, I swear she can light up the whole of Hogwarts on a no moon night.

Hermione approaches us. We all greet her.

"Come on," I pull out a chair for her, "join us."

"I wanted to speak to you, Celestia," she says slowly.

I turn around to face her. "Sure."

She looks at the other two uncertainly, "privately."

"Oh," I look at them. They nod. "See ya later," I pack up my books and thank Caelum for his help with the star chart.

I follow her into an empty classroom; she locks the door behind her. I take my place on a desk and look at her enquiringly.

"You got into the Quidditch team," she asks after a moment of quiet.

"Yeah," I beam.

"That's amazing!" she chortles and hugs me.

"Was there something else you wanted to talk about?" I ask her, pulling back.

She bites her lip, "you know how Umbridge isn't letting us do any magic right..." I nod. "Well, I was thinking that we could perhaps get Harry to teach us defence."

I stay quite for a moment. He could do it. Harry and I's only interaction for the past three weeks had been him glaring at me. But he could still definitely do it. He iss very skilled at Defence.

"I could work," I say slowly.

"It could right!" her face lights up with determination.

"It could. That is," I pause, "if you convince Harry."

"I talked to him about that a week ago," she pushes her hair back, "told him to think about it. I was thinking that maybe, you could help convince him..."

"I doubt he wants to talk to me right now," I say darkly.

"What do you mean?" she asks confused and shocked.

"Didn't he tell you?" she shakes her head. "We had fight two weeks ago."

"A fight. What — when?" she exclaims.

"That Monday, after he had his detention. I was telling him to try to control his anger," I sigh. "He snapped at me. Basically, he said that I was like everyone else: trying to mess up his life because I couldn't control mine," I chuckle darkly.

"Oh my God," she bears a horrified expression, "Why didn't he tell us? I am—"

"Just leave him," I cut across her, "He has too much on his plate."

"But, that!" she stammers, angered. "He shouldn't have said that."

"So, when are you going to talk to him?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

"Probably give him a day or two more," she says, her face was still red.

"You're not going to ditch us lot, are you?" I raise my eyebrow.

"What?"

"Us four," I pause, "just because we're Slytherins –"

"I wasn't going to ditch you," she says, slightly offended.

"Good," I nod my head. "What about the rest of the people you're planning to call?"

"Well," she scrunches her nose, "They can go –"

"And fuck themselves," I smirk at her.

"Maybe not so vulgar," she shakes her head, "but yeah."

I grin.

"And I'll tell Harry to make it up to you," she huffs. "That rat."

I laugh at her as we walk out the classroom. She was almost a head shorter than me and that made me feel massive.

--a/n--

I really ought to clean my room. But I cba to do it. Ugh.
Thoughts? Comment below!
Pramiti x