36.

The light streams through the thick glass forming heavenly patterns on the lush carpet.

"Still the silent treatment, eh?" Carina asks, her bed creaks slightly as she nests in her blankets.

I nod, carefully folding my clothes up. Harry hadn't said a word to me since our fight. It became almost a habit to ignore the Gryffindors now. I was not too proud of that.

"He better get some sense knocked into his head before I do it myself," says Tracy distastefully from the bathroom.

"That would be nice," Carina says sordidly. "I want to give him a piece of my mind too."

I let out a dry chuckle. "Don't bother doing so."

"And why the hell not?" Carina objects immediately, sitting up straighter.

"He's got too -"

"Yeah," Tracy cuts across furiously, patting her face dry. She's sitting in a robe. "And so, he can get away with acting like the victim."

My brows furrow, "no, that's not -"

"We appreciate your empathy, Celestia," Tracy purses her lip, "but he can't just do that. He was the one at fault, and now he's making you look like the bad guy so that he doesn't feel bad."

"But think of all that he's been through..." I say slowly. I take deep breaths and try to calm myself. They do have a point. I really solid one.

"Does he think of all that you've been through?" Carina says sharply. Her eyebrows are raised high in a try-me look.

I sit on the edge of my bed and bury my head in my hands. Inhaling a shuddering breath, I feel the mattress sink beside me.

"This is actually pissing me off so much." I get up and spin around, now furious. Tracy and Carina look at me cautiously. I stamp my feet.

"You can rant," Carina offers. I nod thankfully.

"It's not even about him," I say, flaying my arms around. They raise an eyebrow at me. "I know a place for the defence group thing. Where no one would ever find us." I confess.

"But right now, I'm really considering not telling him that. But then again, it's about everyone in the group and not just Harry."

"Everyone who thinks we are snakes," Tracy interjects.

I squint, "they told you that?"

"Not directly to our face," Carina says darkly, "but they heavily hinted it. The fact that each one of us Slytherin's is trying to be You-Know-Who's second in command."

"That's just how everyone thinks of us, don't they?" I walk towards the window. I can barely see five meters ahead, thanks to the murky waters. The glass feels ice against my fingertips.

"Yeah," sighs Tracy. I lean against the glass panel.

"What about Angelina Johnson?" I ask, squinting because I thought I just saw a mermaid.

"She's under heavy supervision," says Carina, sitting up straighter. "They can't suspend her because it's her NEWTs year, but she isn't allowed anywhere other than her classes. She always has a professor by her side; she doesn't look to happy about it."

"She should have thought of that before hurting you," Tracy shoots.

I take deep long breath, "she did that just to protect Finnigan. From me."

"I sort of wished you would have punched or kicked Finnigan," Carina scrunches her nose. "He deserved it."

"But well, he's in multiple detentions and got all Hogsmeade trips cancelled for this entire year." Tracy traces a finger over her scar on her forehead. "Might teach him a lesson, you reckon?"