6 | how you act

Jovie didn't know how Finn had found the depot they were currently in, but she didn't care. What was more important was trying to figure out if the Grounder knew anything about their friends.

"We're gonna do this again and this time you're gonna stop screwing with us. Where did you find this?" Bellamy demanded as he held Clarke's watch up to the Grounder.

"I told you. I found it outside your camp," the Grounder insisted. Jovie stared at the ground as she tried to figure out if he was lying or not. Saying that he took it from Clarke was a sure way to be killed, but he could be telling the truth. It could have fallen off or she could have simply dropped it. It was unlikely, but it was still a possibility.

"He's lying. She would never take it off voluntarily," Finn said.

"I know," Bellamy said.

"Where is the girl who was wearing this watch?" Finn screamed. Jovie looked up to see her friend with a desperate look in his eye. He was losing it because he felt helpless not knowing what happened to Clarke.

"I never saw a girl," the Grounder said.

"Another lie. Maybe you should stop asking him nicely," Murphy inputted.

"Shut up, Murphy," Bellamy and Jovie said at the same time.

"Torture doesn't work," Jovie said. "Not with them at least." Murphy may have given in, but the Grounders learned to control their pain. It took Octavia putting her life on the line for Lincoln to give in. They didn't have anyone here that this Grounder cared about.

"Where are our friends?" Bellamy asked, trying to get the Grounder to just cooperate. "You took them. We know you did. Just tell us, where?"

"If you just tell us, we'll let you go," Jovie said. This was feeling like deja vu. She just hoped it wouldn't get as far as it did with Lincoln.

"Murphy's right, we're wasting time," Finn said. He whipped out his gun and slammed it into the Grounder's face. "Answer the question!"

"Hey!" Bellamy said as he grabbed Finn to hold him back.

"Where is the girl who was wearing this watch?" He screamed.

"Finn, stop," Bellamy said. "We don't want to do this, trust me. There are some lines you can't uncross." Bellamy would know. Murphy would know. Jovie would know. Finn shouldn't have to know.

Bellamy started to walk away, but by how upset Finn was, Jovie didn't think he was done. So when he turned around and started beating the Grounder, she was quick to step in.

"Finn!" She screamed, grabbing his arm. He just pushed her off and kept hitting the Grounder.

"Where's Clarke?!" He demanded. "Where is she?!" Bellamy rushed back over and cut in front of Jovie so that she was out of the way. Finn was out of control. Bellamy didn't want Jovie to confront him when he was like this. Instead, he grabbed Finn and tried to yank him back. This clearly pissed off Finn more because he shoved Bellamy off of him.

"Back off!" He screamed as he held the gun to Bellamy's head now.

"Finn," Jovie said his name much more sternly now. "Put the gun down." She wanted to reach out to grab his arm to push it down, but she was afraid he would actually shoot if she tried. He wasn't thinking clearly. Clouded thoughts translated into clouded actions.

Luckily, he took the aim off of Bellamy but went back to the Grounder. "3 seconds! 2! 1!"

"Okay," the Grounder finally gave in. He must have seen that Finn was not messing around. It scared him and it scared Jovie too. She had never seen Finn like this. He had been the one that helped her try to get peace with them and now he was so willing to just kill this man. "I'll tell you. Your friends are East of here, the village where we take our prisoners of war."

"East, where? How do we get to them?" Finn asked as he continued to hold him at gunpoint.

"I can draw you a map. You should hurry, soon they'll outlive their usefulness," the Grounder said. Finn finally lowered the gun and Jovie let out a sigh of relief. There was no going back if Finn pulled that trigger.

"Get him something to draw a map," Finn ordered. Monroe was quick to find something and handed it to the Grounder.

"You thought I was the crazy one, huh?" Murphy mumbled to Jovie and Bellamy as he walked by. Jovie and Bellamy looked at each other for a brief moment before she nodded her head and walked over to Finn. She had to be the one to talk to him.

"Hey," she said softly. He just stared at the ground, looking like he was anywhere else but there at that moment. "Hey, Finn, look at me." He finally raised his eyes to meet hers and Jovie could see how hopeless he was feeling. "I know this is hard for you, but we all want to find them, to find Clarke."

"What if it's too late?" He asked. His eyes glistened with tears at the thought of her being dead. It was the same way Jovie felt when she thought Bellamy was going to die.

"You can't think that way," she told him. "You can't lose yourself. It's not how you feel that changes you. It's how you act. You're allowed to be angry, Finn, but you're not a killer, so don't be one." She had seen the way he was more than ready to pull that trigger. She couldn't let him get to that. He had become like a brother to her. She would feel the responsibility of Finn's actions just as much as she did with John. "Listen, if anyone asks I never said this, but I love you, Spacewalker. You're family now and I will not let you do this alone." He stared at her for a second before nodding his head. She gave him a small smile, squeezing his arm before walking back over to Bellamy. Finn needed time to think, but she had to make sure he knew that she was there for him first.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Bellamy asked when Jovie got over to him. They had all noticed the change in Finn. Usually he tried a peaceful approach first, but now he was going straight to violence.

"I don't know," Jovie said honestly as she looked over at Finn who ran his hand through his hair in frustration. "It's just... killing is not Finn. He doesn't do that. But he's just so desperate to find Clarke that I'm scared of what he could do."