27 | no control

Finally Bellamy got to the radio. He was desperate to talk to Clarke, especially now that Jovie was missing and the rest of the delinquents got locked in the dormitory.

"Camp Jaha, this is Mount Weather. Anyone read me?" He said. "Camp Jaha, this is Mount Weather. Does anyone read me?"

"Bellamy?" Clarke's voice said from the other end of the radio.

"Clarke?"

"Are you all right?" She asked.

"I'm fine. But that's it for the good news," he said. He lowered his head as he thought about Jovie. "We have to talk fast. Something has changed. Jasper, Monty, everyone just got locked in the dorm."

"But they're alive? All of them?"

"I think so. For now," he said.

"What about Jovie? Have you seen her?" Clarke asked. He closed his eyes for a moment. It had to be long enough to alarm Clarke. "Bellamy, what's wrong? Is she okay?"

"She's not with everyone. We don't know where she is," he told her. His body burned with anxiety at the thought. "And Maya says they're already using their blood and things will get ugly in here real fast."

"Jovie will be okay. She's strong," Clarke tried to reassure him, but even she was worried. "Maya's with you?"

"She helped me escape. If not for her, I'd be dead," he admitted. "And Clarke, there are kids in here. We need a plan that doesn't kill everyone. Please tell me we have one."

"I hear you. But we can't do anything until you disable the acid fog," Clarke said. "Raven's gonna help you."

"Got it. What else?"

"You have to figure out a way to free the Grounder prisoners. There's a whole army inside that mountain and they don't even realize it," Clarke said.

"A Trojan horse. Good plan," Bellamy said.

"What does Maya think? Is it doable?" Clarke asked. Maya looked like she was in disbelief.

"She says it's not a problem," Bellamy answered for her. "Clarke, if I'm gonna pull this off, I need you to buy me some time. It won't be long before they realize I don't belong here and if that happens-"

"That can't happen," Clarke interrupted. "I'll come up with something."

"Come up with it quick," Bellamy said.

"Copy that. And Bellamy?"

"Yeah?"

"You came through," Clarke told him. "I knew you would. And don't worry, we'll find Jo."

♛♛

Jovie barely moved when she heard Cage and Dr. Tsing enter her room.

"She needs more time to recover," Dr. Tsing told him.

"No, she doesn't," Cage argued. Jovie faced the wall and tightened her grip on the fork that she stole from the tray of food that they had brought her earlier. She knew that they were going to punish her for trying to fight back but it was worth it if it meant she had a chance. "Pick her up." The second the guard's hands touched her shoulder she jumped up and plunged the fork into his eye. He screamed as he let go of her, his hand flying up to his eye.

"We need back up, now!" Cage screamed into his walkie. Jovie punched him straight in the face and continued to punch until he was sprawled on the ground. She was releasing all of her anger on him and she didn't care if she ended up killing him. He had it coming for him. Unfortunately it didn't last much longer because two guards yanked her off of him and threw her to the ground. One of them kneeled on her, making it hard for her to breathe. She swung her hands wildly, attempting to make any kind of contact that she could. The second guard stopped her when he injected a needle into her neck. It only took a few seconds to paralyze her, stopping her from fighting.

"Get her in the room!" Cage ordered as he stumbled to his feet. He was beaten and bloodied and beyond pissed. Jovie's body was limp as they dragged her to the procedure room. When the guards strapped her into the bed, she spit at them. The one guard hit her across the head with the butt of his gun, knocking her straight out. She had no control as Dr. Tsing started another operation. Little did she know that at that moment Bellamy was right across the hall from her white room, trying to get President Wallace to help them.

♛♛

After Bellamy had talked to President Wallace, it was time to talk to the others. He made sure he blended in with the other guards as they infiltrated the dormitory.

"Back. I said, get back," the head guard ordered the delinquents.

"Link up!" Jasper said. The delinquents all interlocked their arms as they stood strong against the guards.

Dr. Tsing walked forward to examine the delinquents until she found the one she wanted.

"This one," she said as she pointed to a girl in the front.

"All right. Let's go," the guard said. "Everybody, now!" The guard hit Monty with his baton in an attempt to break the delinquents' chain. Chaos erupted as the guards began beating and grabbing the delinquents. Bellamy took his chance to grab Jasper. It would give him an opportunity to talk while no one was watching.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Bellamy asked.

"Bellamy?" Jasper asked.

"Shut up and listen. They're killing them," he said. "Next time they come, you have to fight back harder than this. Do you understand? Here, take this. Get everyone ready." He slipped him a gun.

"Ready for what? What's the plan?" Jasper asked.

"I'm working on it," Bellamy replied.

"Find Dante. He's on our side. He'll help us."

"Okay," Bellamy sad. He was about to let him go but he had to ask. "Jasper, have you seen Jo?"

"Jo? She wasn't with us when the ring of fire happened. I thought she was with you," he said.

"That's the problem. I'm not the only one who came in here," Bellamy revealed. "She came too."