26 | make it out alive

Jovie barely slept that night. The room was too quiet. It made her almost hallucinate the sound of the drill. She also felt like she was being watched. She was uneasy and that was a feeling that Jovie wasn't used to.

No matter how tired she felt though she had told her people she was going to act as a distraction so that was what she was going to do. She pushed herself off the bed and slammed her hand against the door.

"Hey! Hey!" She screamed. "Someone tell Cage he hasn't seen shit! He's gonna have to try a lot harder than that to break me down."

She threw one of her shoes at the camera before sliding down the wall until she was sitting on the ground. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes. She was holding onto the hope that Bellamy was safe and that he was well on his way to lowering Mount Weather's defenses. She also hoped that none of her people were going through what they were going to do to her. It was the only way she would make it through this.

She glanced over when she heard the door open. A tray of food was slid into the room before it was shut again. She wasn't as excited about the food as she had been the previous day. It wasn't poisoned, but it might as well have been. The Mountain Men were poison to her. They were trying to kill her from the inside out.

It was a time like this that she wished she had Finn there. She wanted to ask him what she should do. She wanted him to reassure her she was doing the right thing. But he would never be there to reassure her ever again. It made her angrier than she already was. If the Mountain Men hadn't taken Clarke then Finn never would have killed those Grounders which means he would most likely still be alive.

She stood to her feet to grab the tray of food just to throw it across the room.

"Fuck you!" She screamed at the camera. She hoped Cage was watching her. She wasn't going to make this easy for him and she wanted him to know that. She was pissed off. "Fuck you."

She paced back and forth across the room, suddenly feeling restless. All she wanted to do was get out of there. She felt trapped. When she heard the door open again she turned to see who it was. The sight of Dr. Tsing set her off. She knew what that meant.

"Get away from me," Jovie warned. "Do not touch me." The doctor nodded her head to the guards who went straight to Jovie. This time one of them held a gun to her head.

"Please don't make this any harder than it has to be," Dr. Tsing said. Jovie wanted to fight back but with the gun pointed at her head, there was nothing that she could do to protect herself. The other guard grabbed her hands and tied them together behind her back. Clearly they were taking extra measures to make sure she was secured.

"You're gonna regret doing this to me," Jovie growled as she was pushed past the doctor. As soon as her people made it in here the Mountain Men were screwed. She just had to make it out alive. She had to keep her promise to Bellamy.

Jovie remained silent as she was brought to the room that she had been in the day before. She wanted to act like she wasn't bothered by what they were doing, even if she completely was.

"Your shows are quite amusing," Cage commented from the corner of the room. He was referring to how she was acting in the room, which meant that he in fact was watching.

"Just a little something to show you my appreciation," Jovie replied in a dull tone. She had wanted to try for peace with the Grounders but she wanted no such thing with the Mountain Men. She wanted them to pay for everything that they had done.

"Get it done," Cage ordered Dr. Tsing as he stood and watched. Jovie gripped the sides of the bed as she prepared herself for the agonizing torture.

"You are participating in a great cause," Dr. Tsing said as she cleaned the area where she was going to perform the procedure.

"Like I had a choice," Jovie mumbled. She winced when the doctor turned on the drill. The second the tip dug into her skin she was reminded of the pain. She tried her hardest not to scream again but she couldn't help it.

She felt weaker than she did the day before, with each time the drill went into her it took more and more away. She could barely keep her eyes open as the guards ended up basically carrying her back. She collapsed onto the bed, her face burying into the pillow. She didn't mean to cry but tears rolled down her cheeks. Her hand wrapped around the fabric of the pillow as she squeezed it. She made sure she was facing away from the cameras as she cried into her pillow. She didn't want them to see that they were getting to her. Between being isolated in the white room and being drilled into for her bone marrow, she was feeling the mental and physical pain. Not knowing where Bellamy was just made it worse. She had no idea if he was even alive or if the Mountain Men had discovered him. It was driving her mad. And at the rate that things were happening, she was starting to worry that she may not make it out alive.

♛♛

It had taken a lot for Bellamy to get inside but he was finally in. After he got dressed in Lovejoy's clothes and got rid of the body, he looked over at Maya. She looked disheveled and he didn't blame her. She didn't seem like the type to have done the same awful things that the delinquents and the Grounders have had to do to survive.

"You've done enough," he told her. "You should walk away." He couldn't drag her into this.

"You don't know where you're going," Maya pointed out.

"So draw me a map," he said. She shook her head.

"No," she held her hands out to hand him the gun and Lovejoy's access card. "I'm in."

"Okay," he said. "I need to get to the radio so I can contact Clarke. We heard Jasper's SOS."

"I helped them set that up. I know where it is," Maya told him. "Bellamy... your people are disappearing. Two so far. Monty and Harper. I thought they'd be in here, but-"

"I wanna see the others. Now," he said. He paused, slightly nervous about the answer to his next question. He didn't want to worry about her but he couldn't help it. "How's Jo?" She furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at him.

"Who's Jo?" She asked. He stared at her, trying to process what she said. If Jovie was with the others then Maya had to know who she was.

"Jovie Murphy?" He said. "Blonde hair, blue eyes? Small but could rip your head off if she wanted to?" Maya shook her head.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. Based on the look on his face it was clear that this was a shock to him. "Who is she?" He ran a hand over his face as he tried to figure out what this meant.

"She's my girlfriend," he finally answered, struggling to get the words out. "She came in here like I did. She was supposed to find our people." Maya swallowed the lump in her throat. If this girl that he was talking about didn't make it to their people then Maya had a bad feeling about where she was. Maya knew how horrible the people in Mount Weather could be. They were taking the people from the Ark and Jovie had to just be another victim.

"We'll find her. I'm sure she's fine," she said. It was a bit of a lie but Maya didn't want to admit her worries. Right now Bellamy had to focus on his mission and trying to find Jovie first could delay that. He felt torn as he thought about Jovie. What he really wanted to do was stop what he was doing to find her. He knew that was not what Jovie would want though, so as much as he hated leaving her, he had to finish what he came here to do.