14 | this kind of world

They slowly made their way out of the car to try to find Lincoln. Jovie wasn't sure how they were going to go about it, but she was following Bellamy on this one. She trusted him.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Octavia nodded her head in response. Jovie wasn't so sure that Octavia was really ready, but she supposed she was as ready as she could be. She couldn't imagine how she would be feeling if it was Bellamy who was the Reaper. "Okay, draw him in. I'll do the rest."

Octavia rounded the side of the car and called out for Lincoln. When he advanced in on her, trapping her in a corner, Bellamy ran out behind and shocked him with the electric baton.

"Now what?"

"Now we take him home."

It was no easy task getting Lincoln back to the drop ship, but it was what they had to do if they wanted any chance of helping him. As Bellamy headed back to camp to get Clarke, Jovie and Octavia stayed with Lincoln. He was tied up, but Jovie made sure to keep her daggers ready in case something happened.

"I just don't get how he can be like this," Octavia said. Jovie didn't understand it either, but there was a lot they still didn't know about Earth.

"You said the Reapers took him," Jovie said. "It has to be something to do with that." Octavia watched Lincoln with fear in her eyes. She was obviously worried about him and she had every right to be. Jovie was too. "We're going to get him back."

"You don't know that," Octavia pointed out.

"Well, we're going to try." That was all they could ever do in this kind of world.

Jovie stood when she heard people climbing up the ladder to get to them, relieved to see Clarke. She wasn't relieved when Lincoln jumped at her, growling and pulling on the restraints in the way he had been to Octavia and Jovie earlier. Clarke was obviously as taken aback as they had been when they first saw him.

"It's okay, it's okay," Bellamy assured her. "He's been restrained."

"I can't believe we're back here again," Clarke breathed out. Jovie hadn't even thought about that until she had mentioned it. This wasn't the first time they had Lincoln restrained in the drop ship. This time it was to save him though.

"Can you help him?" Octavia asked as she sat with her knees tucked in.

"I don't know," Clarke answered honestly. No one knew what they were dealing with. They didn't know how exactly he had gotten like this and they didn't know how they to get him back. "I knew Mount Weather controlled the Reapers. I had no idea they were creating them."

"If they can do that to Lincoln, what are they doing to our friends?" Bellamy pointed out. Jovie closed her eyes as she thought about the horrible things that could possibly be happening to their friends right now. It made the need to get them out even stronger.

As Clarke stood in front of Lincoln, trying to figure out how to go about fixing him, Octavia shined a flashlight and Bellamy stood alert in case anything happened. Jovie stood closely next to Clarke to assist her in anything she needed. Suddenly, Lincoln stopped screaming.

"He's convulsing," Clarke noted.

"So, what does it mean?" Octavia asked.

"What happened to his leg?" Clarke asked, pointing to where he was bleeding.

"I shot him," Octavia admitted.

"Clarke, he's lost a lot of blood," Bellamy said.

"We need to do something," Jovie said. As Clarke stepped forward, Jovie did too.

"Can you shine the light on his neck?" Clarke requested. The two siblings shined the lights and Jovie saw what Clarke did earlier. "Needle marks."

"You think he's been drugged?" Bellamy asked.

"Maybe," Clarke answered. Suddenly, Lincoln pulled one of the chains out of the wall and grabbed Clarke. Jovie did not hesitate to jump at him, but he was quick to throw her against the wall. He did the same to Octavia seconds later before Bellamy was attempting to beat away his grip on Clarke. He easily threw Bellamy and Clarke to the ground before yanking off the chains from his neck.

He reached out and grabbed Jovie by the ankle, trying to pull her closer. She kicked her leg out, kicking him in the face to try to get him to let go. He only let go when Bellamy came running at him with the electric baton again, but he was able to slam Bellamy to the ground. They began beating on each other, so Jovie jumped up to step in.

"Stop!" She screamed before getting punched in the gut by Lincoln. She flew back to the ground, gasping for her breath as she watched Bellamy continue to get beat. Octavia finally knocked Lincoln off with a large pole, dropping to the ground next to Bellamy. Once Jovie was able to catch her breath she crawled over to where Octavia and Bellamy were, making sure they were both okay. She made eye contact with Clarke, shaking her head as they realized they were in for it a lot more than they had originally planned.

They didn't waste any time restraining him again, this time with a lot stronger and a lot more chains than last time.

"We have to stop the bleeding and get the bullet out," Clarke said. "Hold his leg down." Bellamy held his leg down as Octavia attempted to give him water. He just ended up spitting it out at her. Jovie frowned as she watched Octavia stand up looking defeated and hurt by the sight in front of her. Clearly Bellamy saw it too because he stood up.

"O, once the drug is out of his system he'll be okay," he told her.

"You can't protect me from this one, big brother," Octavia said. Jovie wished that wasn't true, but she had a feeling it was. Octavia was starting to need Bellamy less. She was getting harder and more independent the more time went on. Experiencing more death and violence was changing her. It was changing all of them.

Jovie put one of her hands on top of Bellamy's as they held Lincoln down, silently telling him that she was there. Octavia meant more to Bellamy than anyone else. Seeing her hurt and having her push him away was getting to him.

Clarke was quick getting the bullet out and wrapping him up, which Jovie was grateful for. She wasn't sure how much longer she could listen to Lincoln's screams.

"Your mom would be proud," Bellamy told Clarke.

"My mom would know how to save him," she said. Jovie wished Clarke would give herself more credit than she did. She held the group together through so much. Jovie looked to Clarke for inspiration. She was strong and knew how to make the hard decisions.

When Octavia returned, she wasn't alone. Jovie made eye contact with Nyko and frowned. The last time that she had seen him was when Finn was killing the Grounders. She knew that Nyko probably didn't blame her for what happened, but she felt guilty as he stood there.

Bellamy took her by surprise as he grabbed the gun and pointed it at him.

"Bellamy!" Jovie screamed.

"He's Lincoln's friend and their healer," Octavia explained. Jovie grabbed Bellamy's arm to tell him to lower his weapon.

"He was there, Bell," she said quietly, hoping that would get him to lower it.

"He's seizing again," Clarke announced. Bellamy motioned for Nyko to help, which Jovie and Octavia were relieved about. Nyko picked up a bottle. "What is that?"

"Yu gonplei ste odon," Nyko whispered. Jovie frowned as she recognized the phrase. He was just about to pour the liquid into Lincoln's mouth when she stopped him.

"No!" She said, catching the drop from entering. Nyko pulled out his dagger and Bellamy was quick to stop him.

"Back off! Right now!" He warned him.

"It's what they say before death," Clarke said, then realizing why Jovie had stopped him. Anya had said it when she held them captive. "He's not trying to heal him. He's trying to kill him."