11 | something bigger

"Jo, come on, let me help you," Bellamy said as he watched Jovie try to wrap a piece of cloth around her shoulder. Ever since they had gotten there and the killing had stopped, Jovie hadn't said one word. She just moved to the side and focused on trying to cover her wound.

"I got it," she mumbled.

"It'll be easier if-"

"I said I got it!" She said more sternly this time. It's not that she was mad at Bellamy because he obviously did nothing wrong. She was mad at Finn and she was mad at herself. She knew he wasn't himself and yet she let him take control anyway. She felt just as responsible for what happened as he did.

Bellamy just sighed and stared at her as she struggled to finish tying the knot. He knew she was feeling guilty about what happened. She would need some time to figure it out on her own before he could help her. The only thing he could do for her now was to give her some space while also making sure she knew he was there for her.

"Hey, you okay?" Murphy asked as he walked over to them. Jovie just gave him a stoic look in response. "Right. Okay, well, we're heading out." Jovie stood up right away and leaned down to grab her bag, throwing it over her good shoulder before walking towards the others. Bellamy and Murphy looked at each other after she left in silence. They both were clearly concerned about her. "She's not gonna take this easy. You have to be there for her."

"I always will be," Bellamy said. Murphy gave him a nod of appreciation before he followed his sister to where the others were.

They all walked in silence through the woods back to Camp Jaha. No one knew exactly what to say. It was an uncomfortable situation that was going to have its aftereffects. Finn wanted to talk to Clarke but she was still processing what he did. Bellamy wanted to talk to Jovie but she was delving deep into her own thoughts.

"Hey, Jo," Finn suddenly broke the silence, catching up to the blonde who was leading the way back. She didn't look at him, too afraid that she would lose it if she did. She felt so conflicted because Finn was one of her best friends here to the point where he felt like her brother, but he had done such an awful thing. When Finn realized Jovie wasn't going to look at him, he sighed. "Listen, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shoot you." At this, Jovie did lose it. She turned to him with an angry look in her eye.

"That's why you're sorry? You're sorry you shot me? How about them? Are you sorry you shot them?!" She screamed, making him take a step back. He had never really been scared of Jovie, not like some of the others, but there was no doubt that she could unleash her fire. Everyone just stared at them as they stopped moving. "I told you violence was not the way! And look what you did!" She wasn't trying to make even feel more guilty about it than he already was, but if she didn't get this out then she was afraid she would just explode later and it would be worse.

"I know. I know. I just... I lost it, okay?" Finn said.

"You can't make excuses for what you did," she said before turning around to continue walking. She didn't even bother to see if the others were following her. She just needed to get back to camp so she could get away from what happened.

It was a decent walk before they finally made it back to the camp. No one spoke the rest of the walk and it was probably better off that way.

"Open the gates!" Abby Griffin yelled when she saw the group of them approaching. The guards opened the gate and she came running out. When she saw Jovie was bleeding she went to her first. "What happened?"

"Ask one of them," she said, not wanting to be the one to tell them what happened. Abby could see the distress that Jovie was in so she just nodded.