22 | not so different

Jovie sat slumped over next to Bellamy as they waited for whatever Lexa decided to do with them. She picked at a string on her boot in an attempt to distract herself.

"What do you think they're gonna do to us?" She asked Bellamy quietly.

"I don't know," he answered.

"Raven didn't do it," she said. Raven was angry, but Jovie knew in her gut that it wasn't her.

"I know," he replied. "But it doesn't matter what we think if they think she did it." They both looked up when Raven suddenly punched Clarke straight in the face.

"You're the only murderer here!" Raven said. Abby and Octavia were quick to step in to make sure it didn't escalate. The last thing they needed were for them to be fighting each other.

"Leave me alone. You gave me no choice," Clarke then said. "Why did you turn yourself in?" They all stared at her in confusion as she spoke to an empty space in the room. It was clear that Clarke was slowly starting to unravel. No one could blame her.

Jovie sat up when she heard the Grounders come back into the room. She walked over to where Bellamy was and he rested his hand on her back. It was his way of feeling like he was protecting her, even if there was nothing he could really do in the moment.

"How's Gustus?" Lincoln asked.

"Gustus will live," Nyko answered.

"Take her away," Indra ordered. A Grounder began walking straight towards Raven.

"Wait, wait, what are you doing?" Kane asked.

"She didn't poison anyone!" Bellamy argued as he stepped forward.

"I argued for all of you to die," Indra said. "But the Commander is merciful. She wants only one."

"She's innocent," Lincoln said.

"I don't care!" Indra said. "They move, they bleed." The Grounders pushed through Bellamy, Octavia, and Jovie who tried blocking them from getting to Raven.

"Hey. Hey, stop! Let her go," Octavia said. Bellamy grabbed Jovie's arm to hold her from going after Raven. As much as he hated watching Raven be taken away like that, he couldn't have it happen to Jovie too.

"The rest of you are free," Indra said. "When she's dead, so is the alliance." Jovie closed her eyes in frustration at the woman's words. They tried so hard for this and now it was already gone. "You should run."

They wasted no time in following the Grounders out to where they were holding Raven tied up to a pole.

"I take no joy in this, Raven," Lexa said. "But this time, justice will be done."

"I didn't do it," Raven said. "How is that justice?"

"We have to do something," Bellamy said. Kane was quick to hold him back though.

"We can't," he whispered.

"We can't just let them kill her!" Jovie said, but Kane held her back too.

"Lincoln, talk to them," Octavia urged. Raven let out a scream as Lexa slowly cut her arm with a blade. Jovie gripped Bellamy's arm as Indra stepped forward and cut Raven's stomach. "You can talk to them. These are your people."

"Not anymore," Lincoln said. He walked forward to meet Nyko.

"You're no longer safe here, friend," Nyko said. "I'll do my best to make sure you get away. Then you'll be on your own."