31 | moments

Bellamy carried Jovie all the way back to camp, even when Lincoln and Miller had offered to take over. He wanted to make up for not being there for her when she was being held by the Mountain Men. It wasn't his fault what had happened to her but he felt that he could've stopped it. If he had went to look for her or if he hadn't let her go in the first place then he felt that it wouldn't have happened. Bellamy was determined to protect her now more than ever.

"Jo, we're back," he said softly. She had been sleeping the entire trip. Her eyes slowly opened up to find him looking down at her in concern. "I'm gonna leave you with Jackson real quick so he can check you out. I need to go talk to Clarke. Is that okay?" She nodded her head. She didn't really want him to leave her but she also didn't want him to feel like she was dependent on him. She knew he wouldn't feel like that but she didn't want him more worried about her than he already was. He gently placed her down next to Abby so Jackson could examine them.

"Jovie," Kane said. He was already sitting with Abby and wanted to talk to the blonde. "You did good."

"I didn't do anything," she mumbled. "All I did was act as a blood supply for people that are dead now."

"You fought and you survived," he said. "You did more than anyone would do if they were in your position. Don't diminish what you did. I'm proud of you and you should be too."

Jovie didn't know why she suddenly felt like crying. Part of it was because of the lack of sleep she'd gotten. The main reason though was because she honestly didn't think that she would make it out of Mount Weather alive. She had come close to death before but it had never felt as real as it did that day. Hearing Kane, someone who she had once had no relationship with (and had even once hated), say that he was proud of her made her emotional. She couldn't remember a time that her real father had told her that he was proud of her. It had been so long that she had even thought of him or her mother. She was never particularly close with them but she had to wonder what they would think if they saw her now.

Seeing that her eyes were starting to water, Kane reached over and rested his hand on her shoulder. He always saw Jovie for her strength, but it was a time like this that proved even the strongest could have their moments of weakness.

"You're home," he reassured her. She took a deep breath in and nodded her head. She was home. The thought made her realize something.

"Where's my brother?" She asked. Seeing him would honestly provide her some kind of comfort. It seemed as though Kane had not thought about that either because for a moment he looked surprised and then reluctant. Jovie immediately picked up on this. "Kane, where is he?"

"Sweetheart, he's gone," he confessed. "He left with Jaha." Jovie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean? Where'd they go?" She questioned.

"Jaha was talking about some place called the City of Light," he said. "That's where they went. They went to find it." Jovie's heart dropped at the thought. She had just made up with John and he left. Jovie knew better than anyone what kind of horrible things happened on this Earth. She just wished he would have waited to say goodbye.

"Hey, you okay?" Bellamy asked as he was back from talking to Clarke.

"John left with Jaha," she told him. She looked around to see that Clarke was then missing too. "Where'd Clarke go?" Bellamy frowned as he knelt down next to her. Telling her that Clarke had left too was just another thing to add to Jovie's plate.

"She couldn't stay," he said. "She's gone." Hearing that made Jovie a bit angry. She understood that Clarke had done things that she never wanted to do, but how could she just leave like that? She didn't bother to say goodbye either.

"Are you gonna leave too?" Jovie snapped. She didn't mean it to come off as harshly as it did but she was slightly scared that he would just leave too. Her fear just came out as anger. He immediately cupped her face with his hands so that she was looking up at him.

"I'm not going anywhere," he assured her. He ran his thumb across her cheek to wipe away the tear that rolled down her skin. "You're okay now, Jo."