24

Hello! Vote & comment
please. It means a lot (:

Those words pierced through his beating heart, shattering it completely. It repeated in his mind in the car ride, even as he waited in the hospital.

A single tear slid down Sora's cheek as she sat next to Jimin, rubbing his back as his head was lowered in his hands. She wanted to do more to comfort him, but nothing could soothe the pain he was feeling.

Suddenly the doors jolted open, and Jungkook ran through with a sweaty forehead. He roughly pulled Jimin out of his seat and into a hug, holding him tightly as he cried onto his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." Jungkook whimpered as his eyes were stained red. "I'm so fucking sorry Jimin."

The nurses and doctors surrounded him, knowing just how difficult it was to grief alone. This was an everyday occurrence for them. To see families gain or lose a loved one in a matter of seconds.

They all stayed by his side through out the entire night. His parents were gone, but he still wouldn't leave the hospital. Where would he go? All he had was his home, but that wasn't home anymore.

"I just talked to the doctor." Jungkook sighed as he walked into the room. "They said we're gonna have to go home soon. You're the only one that's allowed to stay the night, but I'm not leaving you alone here."

"Go home." Jimin managed to say, with little to no emotion in his voice.

"I know." Jungkook bit his lip. "I know this is hard for you to take in right now, but you need to sleep, okay? You've been awake all night." He rested his hand on his friends shoulder.

"You're staying at my house." Sora said as she held onto his hand tightly.

Jimin looked up at her with bloodshot eyes, and said nothing. It destroyed her, seeing him like this. Sora helped him up, and they began walking towards the hospital doors.

Everything was leading up to that night. From the moment he was born, to the second he graduated. Even if he were good to his parents, there wasn't a thing that would change the time of their death. It would now only haunt him for the rest of his life.

The moment they got to Sora's house, a wave of relief hit them. Spending hours in a hospital room wasn't exactly comforting.

"Here, you sit." Sora pointed to the couch. "I'm gonna get you some water." She gently rubbed his arm before going into the kitchen.

Jimin dropped onto the couch, exhausted from last night. It was almost morning now, as they were at the hospital until almost 4 am. Sora came back into the living room with a glass of water, and set it on the table. She leaned over to Jimin and pulled him into a hug, kissing his forehead.

"Things are gonna get better." Sora whispered as she gently played with his hair. "I promise Jimin. Things will get better."

"You think so?" Jimin chuckled, but it wasn't a genuine one.

"I know it will." Sora touched his cold cheek with her hand. "You're such a strong person Jimin. You have so many people around you who love you and care for you. Don't ever think you have to go through this alone."

"I didn't get to tell her I was sorry." Jimin suddenly said, breaking the silence.

Sora bit her lip as she looked at him.

"And my dad.." Jimin bit the inside of his cheek. "I told him I hated him."

"He knows you didn't mean it." Sora laid her hand on his shoulder. "They both know that you're such an amazing son. All they wanted is for you to be happy. You can get through this."

"Because you've got me now." Sora gave him a soft smile. "I'm not going anywhere without you."

Jimin tilted his head back, and softly kissed Sora's lips. She grabbed onto his hand, vowing to never let it go. "I love you so much." Sora kissed the back of his hand.

They fell asleep on the couch, in each other's arms like the whole world around them disappeared. It was just them two in that moment, and it was the best feeling in the world.

Maybe he didn't lose everything.

Two chapters left!