part 3

chapter song:listen before i go by Billie Eilish
-
AYLA'S POV
-

we walked into his house and i immediately notice something.

it hasn't changed one bit.

its still disgustingly dirty.

"mom! i'm having someone over for the night!" he yelled, starting to walk away.

"okay whatever!" she yelled from the other room.

he noticed i was looking around and grabbed my hand, pulling me upstairs.

once we got to his room i noticed something else, it was spotless.

"wow Tozier, i would've never expected your room to be spotless." i said, smirking a little.

"well, when you live in a trash can for a house you have to have some type of clean space." he laughed.

i smiled and nodded before sitting down on his bed.

"your room really has changed in the past three years." i said, looking at the posters around his room.

"can we talk about that?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

"um yeh i guess.."

i was kinda scared to hear what Richie had to say about this.

"okay so three years ago i randomly started hating you.." he said, sighing.

"yes. i'm aware."

"i'm sorry. i don't know why i did it. i thought maybe if i was cruel to you or something i would be cool. it's dumb...i know." he said, throwing himself back on the bed.

"Richie..."

i remember the day it happened like it was yesterday.

Richie and i were best friends.

we were inseparable.

i was part of their "Losers Club" until one day Richie started acting like a dick towards me.

no one really backed him up but i got sick of it and ended up leaving the friend group.

i still hung out with the others. very rarely though because Richie was always around.

"actually i think i should tell you the real story.." he sighed as he sat back up.

at this point i was very confused, the real story? was he lying before?

"okay?..."

"that day Henry and his goons wouldn't leave me alone. on the walk home they followed me and basically annoyed me the whole time. once they caught up with me they slammed me against a tree and tried cutting my arm. they wouldn't stop until i asked them what they wanted. that was a bad idea..i should've just let them cut my arm. once i asked that Henry told me to leave you alone and not to talk to you. he knows how to hurt people, Ayla..."

by this point Richie was standing up and pacing back and forth.

i was literally stunned.

"so you just stopped talking to me?.." i asked.

i felt like screaming into a pillow right then and there.

"i-i'm so sorry.." he sighed.

i shook my head before standing up and wrapping my arms around his waist.

once i did that a small whimper of pain escaped his mouth, making me jump back and fall on his bed.

"i'm sorry i didn't mean to scare you!" he said, quickly sitting down next to me.