part 4

chapter song:Kids In America by Kim Wilde
-
AYLA'S POV.
-

"i'll be back. i'm going to get ready." i said, picking up a t-shirt off my floor.

"kk." he smiled before laying down on my bed.

after about forty five minutes-and a lot of Richie complaining about how long i take to get ready-i was finally done.

"damn, about time." Richie mumbled as he stood up from laying on my bed.

"watch it, Tozier. you're lucky i'm giving you a second chance." i said, putting my finger up to his chest.

"yeh, yeh."

i rolled my eyes before hearing the doorbell ring.

i walked out of the room and walked downstairs, Richie following after me.

i walked up to the door and opened it to see Eddie standing there.

my eyes widened and i quickly slammed the door in his face.

"go hide. in the bathroom." i whispered, pushing him towards the hall.

i opened the door as soon as he walked into the bathroom and smiled, "hi Eds."

"first of all, don't call me that. second of all, the heck was that about?" he said, walking in.

"oh uh i didn't expect to see you. i'm excited!" i said, laughing nervously.

"okay...?" he said, giving me a confused look.

"so we gonna meet the guys at the arcade?" i asked.

"yeh, they're actually waiting for us." he said, walking back outside.

"okay uh how about you go on without me and i'll go pick up Richie." i said as i tried closing the door.

"Richie should already be there. but why Richie? i thought you guys hated each other." he said laughing.

"oh uh yeh good point. okay go ahead and i won't pick up Richie. but i have to do some stuff before leaving. okay bye now Eddie." i said, pushing him out and quickly closing the door.

Richie slowly opened the bathroom door and peaked out.

"coast is clear." i laughed.

he sighed in relief before walking out of the room and back over to me, "let's get going."

i nodded before we walked outside, making sure Eddie had left and getting on our bikes and riding into town.

hours of arcade games passed by and everyone had to go home leaving Richie and i alone, once again.

"Richie, do you have a quarter?" i asked as PacMan yelled, "game over".

he rolled his eyes before handing me a quarter.

just as that happened one of my favorite songs began playing,

Kids In America by Kim Wilde.

i began singing along to the song before replying,

"aww thanks bud" i smiled, sliding the quarter into the slot.

as i pressed the buttons on the old machine as i finally beat his high score.

"ahah!!!" i yelled jumping back.

"no!!" he yelled as he kicked it.

"overpriced bullshit!" he yelled again before sliding down onto the floor.

"that's okay, Rich. it's just a game." i said, leaning down left to him and patting him on the shoulder.

he gave me a death glare and rolled his eyes, "i'm still number 1 in Space Invaders."

"eeehhh...no you're not."

"what do you mean?"

"i best your high score while you and Billy were playing another game."

"you bitch..."

"why thank you!" i said, standing back up and smiling.

"i've got to go. i'll see you around 11am tomorrow?" i asked.

"i'll be at your front door at 10:59!" he smiled.

"sounds good." i said laughing.

"goodnight, hot stuff." he said pulling me into a hug.

"goodnight, Rich." i said, smiling at the old nickname he used to call me before we well..you know.

i pulled out of the hug before saying goodbye once more and leaving the building.

i pulled my bike up and began riding down the street before noticing something in my way.

a..

a red balloon...?

i looked at it confused before setting my bike down and following it as it lead me towards an open field.

as i looked around i noticed something.

this was the field Richie, Eddie i used to come to so we could talk about all our problems.

i smiled before looking back at the balloon, noticing it had disappeared.

"well hello, Ayla." a voice said.

i walked toward a figure that was standing where the balloon once was noticing it looked like someone.

"d-dad..?" i asked, squinting my eyes a bit.

"hello dear." he said, smiling creepily.

his teeth were yellow where my dad's teeth were usually bright white because he cared more about his teeth than my mom and i.

"i thought you were in Germany?" i asked.

"oh i just missed you so much!"

"b-but.."

"i missed you so much to the point i would've killed to see you!" he said, laughing like a maniac.

"excuse me?"

and with that i looked next to him to see a body floating.

i couldn't exactly make out who it was till i looked up at the face, noticing thick glasses.

my heart sunk, knowing exactly who it was.

at this point i hadn't even noticed i was crying.

i ran up to the lifeless body before someone grabbed my arm, making me turn around.

"umm, you okay?" Richie asked.

"b-but you were j-just.." i said, stuttering on my words and then looking back at where my dad and lifeless Richie were just standing at.

and they had disappeared..

"i was just what?" he asked.

"you were just dead.." i said in a very hush tone.

"what do you mean? i'm alive. i'm right here." he laughed.

i shook my head before lightly wrapping my arms around him.

for a second he didn't hug back but when he finally did i felt safe from whatever the fuck just happened.

the thought replayed back in my head, making all the feelings come back and making me cry again.

i hate to admit it but i'm a cry baby.

like..i cry over everything.

he held onto me tighter before telling me i was okay.

after i calmed down he walked me home and made sure i made it up to my room okay before saying goodnight-again-and leaving.

for the rest of that night i wondered,

what the actual fuck is going on...?
-