24

┏━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┓

Hermiones pov

Execution day, my father didn't get a trial or whatever else they do. He was sentenced straight to death, I stood in front of the mirror fixing my red dress and tying my cloak. I grabbed my witches hat and placed it on my head before walking out to meet Blaise and my mother who were in the common room. "Are you sure you don't want us to come with you?" Pansy asked, we asked her and the others to stay in the castle.

"We'll be fine, I think we need to do this on our own" I said, holding onto Blaise hand. We apparated to the ministry and walked the corridors in silence to the execution room, we may be a weird family and may be walking to watch our father down but I learnt over the summer you always present yourself as strong. A Zabini never lets anything show in public. I walked with my head high just like my mother as we reached the lift that would take us down, we were brought to a little white waiting room and seen some others sitting in the chairs.

"Any direct family members will now have the time to talk to Mr Zabini. We recommend staying only 5 minutes but we allow up to 15" the man said before closing the door. Mum went first, then Blaise then me. As I walked through the door I seen him tied down on a white chair "hello dad" I said, he looked over and his eyes were red with tears. I took a tissue out of my purse and dried his tears, he smiled slightly.  "How did you manage it?" He asked "I'm not really sure, I just...I'd do anything for my friends...I knew I had to stop you and I did" I said

"you're  going to grow up and be a fantastic witch Hermione, better than you already are" he said, I smiled. A tear slipping down my face "I really haven't been the best father and I think realising what's happening has finally opened my eyes...but don't feel sympathy towards me. I knew what I was doing was wrong and I done it anyway. I am a horrible person Hermione" he said "But what I've done doesn't mean I do not love you, I loved you from the very second you were born and if you had been able to come into my life a lot sooner I think things might have been different" he said

"no matter what would have happened father you would still have done what you done. Me being apart of your life wouldn't have stopped that" I said "but i care for you too, and I do wish I had knew you before everything and I would of seen the real you...but it's too late for apologies now" I said "just know dad I do love you...and it kills me that I never got to see the real side of you, the side blaise talks so fondly of...the side I could of told my future children of...but at least I know Blaise will be able to tell them about the real you...not the dark you" I said.

I placed a kiss on his forehead before heading for the door "I love you Hermione, I love you and your brother more than life itself" he said, crying "we know" I said "and we love you...now dry your eyes father....Zabinis are always strong" I said before walking out. I closed the door and stood beside my mother and grabbed her hand but when the dementor was brought in she took both hands and covered mine and blaises eyes. I didn't fight to move it, I had seen this before and it wasn't pleasant.

I stood silently and closed my eyes, tears streaming down my face. Mother didn't move her hand until the dementor was brought out of the room. I walked towards the glass, the only thing left of my father was really only a pile of clothes. I looked over at Blaise and my mum and grabbed them, letting all the emotions out...I guess sometimes it's okay for a Zabini to show weakness.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

(4months later)

As I sat in the crowd of students that I had grown up with, millions of thoughts went through my head. I turned to look at the back to see the bright smile from my mother and my adoptive parents sitting with grins on their faces, I turned back and looked around the crowd of students who I'd know for 8 years. Some were smiling, some crying, some laughing. I then looked over at my 6 best friends who were chatting amongst themselves and smiled again before turning my attention to the Headmistress "I would like to invite the head girl, Miss Hermione Zabini up to say a few words" she said, I let go of Draco's hand and walked up to the stage.

"Hello everyone, you'd think I'd be good at public speaking but I most definitely am not. I tried thinking of all the nice things I could say about our time together and all the amazing memories but to ignore what has happened would be wrong, we fought in a war...and we won it. But we won it at a cost and it would be wrong not to remember some of the students we lost from our year group in the past two years. Vincent Crabbe, Ronald Weasley, Dean Thomas, Elizabeth Kane, Max Quigley and Sophie Turner. They may not be here with us but they'll graduate with us in our hearts" I said, holding my wand in the air as I watched the others do it

"But, they would not want us to be sad on this day. We do have lots of good memories and I will cherish all of them. We have our whole lives ahead of us and all I can do is say this. I love every single one of you....I don't think I could wish for a better year group to be part of. So before I go I want to leave you with a quote I found. 'Believe and act is if it were impossible to fail.' Thank you all, for the chance to be part of the class of 1999" I said with a smile.

The crowds clapped and shouted as I walked off stage. I took my seat beside Draco who kissed my cheek "It has been a pleasure to not only of been your headmistress but to be your teacher. I will remember each and everyone of you...and with that it gives me great pleasure to introduce to everyone the class of 1999!!" She shouted, we jumped up flinging our caps in the air and hugging anyone close to us. I grabbed Draco who looked at me "I love you Hermione Zabini" She said "I love you Draco Malfoy" I said before kissing him, shouts all rounds us and caps falling from the sky....the year may have been a mess but we finally got our happy ending.

┗━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┛