chapter thirteen

~*~
THIRTEEN - 1992, Southampton.

          "WOULD YOU STOP pussying around, McKagan?" Izzy grumbled, frustrated and heatedly pushing his dark hair from his line of vision, the other thin hand encasing his duffel bag with a tight grip. "Just go and find 'em." The ferry had finally reached it's destination, hooked upon the docks with the ramp up and ready to be used, and Izzy had no intention to stay aboard any longer than necessary.

Duff sighed and groaned irritably, his tone whiny like that of a child. "But I don't wanna." He claimed. "What if I catch them fucking or something?"

"Free porn." Izzy scoffed, rolling his eyes as he reached to snatch Duff's bag from his grip, nodding toward the corridor as a motion of instruction. "Go."

"God dammit." He grunted, taking off on his lanky legs with his arms swinging vastly, striding down the familiar corridor to where he had recalled Slashes room to have been held, silently cursing Izzy and his stern bossiness. Hopefully, if he knocked on the door and listened in tentatively, he'd be able to save his memory from such a scarring scene. Duff wasn't nearly wasted enough to witness his best friend going down on a chick he hardly knew.

Swinging to face the daunting wood, he paused before it, hastily winding his tongue around his chapped lips, leaning his tilted head closer toward the door, focusing upon the silence behind it. He breathed a sigh of relief, knocking softly with his large, white, knuckles as it echoed quietly. However, the non-responsive reply painted a frown upon his brow as he graced his fist upon the paint once again, this time a little louder. Still, nothing was to be heard. Duff meandered the doorknob, twisting it awkwardly as he pushed the door open slightly, the creak rising a cringe to his shoulders as he winced and poked his fluffy head through the door, his hair pushed back by such a tight squeeze.

Upon casting his gaze along the two, his shoulders sank in a soppy coo, a floppy grin etching onto his lips as he slumped open the remaining space of the door and rested his tall body upon the frame, smirking knowingly at the scene.

Slash was propped up against the cubby-hole's wall, his old acoustic positioned upon his lap, sprawled and tipped over the side of his leg as Avline rested upon his chest, both softly snoring in sync as sleep enveloped the two. He had both arms secured around her waist as she did his, snuggled up a little too close to be considered 'just friends'.

Duff coughed in attempt to rise them, though upon failing in his tracks, he rolled his eyes with a subtle sigh. "Slash." He pestered, wandering closer. "Slash you motherfucker, wake up." He used his foot to harshly kick the curly haired beast on his shin, earning a gentle groan yet little action. "Slash." He called again, tapping the slumbering man on his cheek as he moaned again, the gruff sound followed by a small squint and scowl.

"What?" Slash pressed, swatting the blonde haired bassist's hand away from his features. If there was one thing that angered Slash, it was someone disturbing his sleep without good reason.

"We've landed, man." Duff let out a short, mocking, chuckle and turned back to exit the room, pausing in the doorway and facing the pair once again, "Wake up your little girlfriend, let's go."

As Duff carried himself from within the perimeter, Slash glanced down, a confused and slightly startled frown spangled upon his expression, noticing the girl within his arms emitting light snores of tiredness and exhaustion from their night of musical silence. He wanted to smile, to run his fingers delicately through her hair; to admit that he was finally over his previous romance, and falling into another. But as his eyes roamed along her pretty face, he felt the corners of his lips turn down and his shoulders sink in rising agony. It just wasn't the same.