chapter twenty-six

~*~
TWENTY-SIX - 1992, London.
Day Three ; To Spill Coffee And Break The Law

          AVELINE STARED, ALMOST bemusedly, down upon the curly haired mane as she delved into the wondrously creamy ice-cream, a gentle grin woven upon her lips as Saul continued to shake his hips vigorously, side to side, back and forth; a squared tango motion that he decided to call the 'Cha Cha'.

From a few streets away, the two were sure there'd be an infuriated, red necked electronic store owner, pissed about his missing radio. Not that either of them cared, however, as they blasted old time tracks as loud as the speakers could handle, singing with horrific pitches and dancing along in the green of the sloppy grass.

Poison's, Talk Dirty To Me, fell from Saul's smirking lips as he continued to chant along to the lyrics, Aveline mimicking quietly from the comfort of the soft dirt. "Lock the cellar door," He sang, pointing in her direction with his hips wiggling shamelessly, " and baby, talk dirty to me." Aveline tilted her head back with an ice-cream stuffed laugh, shaking her head lightly as he held out his hands, an invitation for the girl to bounce up and entrance herself within a small dance. As many times before, Aveline found no reason to deny his request, as she sprung up with a loud giggle, tossing the remainder of the dripping vanilla cone upon the floor as she placed her arms around his neck.

Unlike every other time they'd swayed to the wrong rhythm, Saul decided to fasten the pace a little, gripping controllingly upon her hips with an almost devilish smirk, clashing their pelvises together and holding that position as he clumsily trod in and out, in and out, with Aveline stumbling amusedly not so far behind.

"When you say those words to me, and whisper so softly." He sang in an awfully out of tune tone, grinning nonetheless as the pair made utter fools of themselves. Again, not that they cared. They were too busy trying to fall in love to give a shit. "Behind the bushes, 'til I'm screaming for more." She let out a soft snicker, resting her forehead against his chest, the feel of his ragged and unsteady breathing igniting a gentle grin to her lips. Maybe this whole falling in love thing isn't so bad, she thought, toying the lengthy curls between her fingers gingerly.

Aveline simply couldn't help her mind wandering to the picture of Sloan; her model like features falling into a slightly melancholic smile upon her cheeks. She wished she could have met her. Even if that meant she couldn't be with Saul - at least Aveline knew he'd be happy, and that he wouldn't be so reliant upon other substances to gift him the same rush of being young and in love.

Then again, from what she'd observed, with the way their week had panned out so far; maybe he could be young and in love all over again. Aveline hoped so, at least. That would feel nice, she was sure.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout, Leanie?" He murmered tenderly, craning his neck - just like he always did when he felt the need to read someones expression - with a reassuring smile. She returned his grin, though it didn't quite reach her eyes and her nose didn't crinkle - a notion of which Saul managed a slightly concerned frown at. "What's up, Sweet Cheeks?"

Aveline didn't want to express her thoughts, it'd only drag down their lighthearted and joyous moods, and after all; Saul was supposed to be getting over Sloan, not reminded of her lack of existence every other day. And so, plastering on that blatantly fake smile, Aveline shrugged something lighthearted and shook her head, "Nothing." She said.

"Doesn't look like nothin'." He stated, raising a disbelieving eyebrow. He stared intensely into her hickory eyes, almost melting at the feel of her absentminded and blissful tangling of her fingers roaming around the lower roots of his hair. She looked suddenly blank - like he'd done something he was unaware of. "Did I do something?"