chapter eighteen

~*~
EIGHTEEN - 1992, On The Road.

          HE FELT THE spreading warmth throughout his tingling complexion, the justified sensation of her delicate touch upon his skin proving breathtaking enough to wind him and silence his groans. Her soft lips slowly crawled up to the base of his chest, planting hungry kisses and nibbling slightly at his collarbone, no doubt leaving a darkened mark as she did so. Saul let out a slight moan at the feel of her thin fingers intertwining with his locks, twirling around individual curls as she continued to position loving caresses along his chest and stomach, occasionally biting and creating a territorial bruise.

Her legs were rested either side of his waist, enclosing him in what could only be described as his favourite situation. As she rested against his pelvis, she felt the poking upon her thigh, raising a subtle smirk to her swollen lips as she swooped down to place them against his plump ones, his smile much reflecting her own.

"I love you." She mumbled, trailing a finger down the side of his face as the skin sparked with uncanny electricity.

"I love you." He responded, leaning toward her face a little closer in attempt to deepen the kiss.

But it seemed he couldn't quite lean far enough; she was gone. She was gone. Vanished, no longer weighing down his hips or running her hands through his knotted hair. No longer kissing his body and rocketing his hormones, she was gone.

Saul cursed and closed his eyes, the familiar pang of paralysing pain swelling his chest as he recalled the heated dream his mind had forced him to thunder into. More like a nightmare.

He felt his body grow cold and dirty, the skin feeling heavier than it should of and his vision growing blurry. If it weren't for the fact that no one else was awake, Saul would have pushed away the tears and powered on through with a drink and cigarette, forgetting about his thumping heart as it bled with melancholy. But he was alone and he was hurt and he was tired of feeling so fucking pathetic, so be it tears of sorrow, longing, or frustration, he didn't know, but they shed largely and silently.

Silently due to the pretty girl slumbering quietly above him, and largely due to the ache of his entirety of such a memory.

After the moment he and Aveline had shared by the door earlier that morning, she had claimed to be far too tired to stay up any longer, and Saul had agreed that it was way too fucking early. Quietly, the two had snuck off to their bunk beds, whispering a quick goodnight with a soft chuckle as they then drifted into completely opposing dreams. One filled with false hopes and bitter heartache, and the other blank and unexciting.

Saul was sat up, his chest rising and heaving unsteadily, cheeks dampened greatly by his angered and pained tears, the salt encasing his tongue as he wove it around his cracked lips, sniffling as silently as possible. He needed a drink and he needed a cigarette and he most definitely needed a lethally large dosage of heroin.

Roughly, he used the palms of his trembling hands to collect the wandering dampness upon his cheekbones and eye bags, shaking it off with a short flick. He then swung his legs around and stood, wobbling slightly with a strong dizziness and blossoming headache, the uneasy sensation in his stomach still prominent and unwavering. Making his way through the bus, he sauntered into the kitchen, racking his eyes amongst the alcoholic choices; one drink in particular catching his eyes. An emergency bottle of Monkey Shoulder, huge and unopened.

The amber liquid stared back tauntingly as Saul sighed and reached toward it, withdrawing the beauty in a bottle with ease, not bothering to collect a glass to sip it from. He stumbled over to where the classic, hardback, red and white Marlboro cigarettes perched, snatching the entire pack as he tossed them down upon the table, leaning back in his seat with a single stick between his fingers. In his right hand sat his whisky, and in the left the cigarette and lighter. All that was missing was his damned drugs.