chapter thirty-two

~*~
THIRTY-TWO - 1992, London.

          IZZY FROWNED EVER-so-gently, sighing lightly beneath his breath as a soft nod followed Aveline's statement, his eyes trailing down to meet the bag slung by her feet, writhing with crumpled and messily packed clothing. Well, half of it was folded neatly - due to Saul's pained helping hand. Izzy removed the cigarette from between his lips, speaking quietly with a hint of worry to his tone. "So, when's your flight?" He inquired, nodding to the bag and blowing a large breath of intoxicatingly thick smoke from his lungs.

"Just after midnight." She mumbled, cautious of the tears lodged in her throat. Aveline feared that if she spoke loud enough, her thumping, hurting, heart would pour right on through the cracks of her tone.

"Okay." He muttered, voice slightly quieter than before. He wasn't entirely sure of the time, but he knew they didn't have very long to speak their goodbyes. "You wanna see the other morons before you go?"

A tender and affectionate smile draped upon her lips as she nodded gingerly, tucking the stray hairs behind her ears as she did so. "That'd be wonderful." She agreed, abandoning the bag upon the floor as the two sauntered through the door of Aveline and Saul's shared hotel room, out into the corridor and a few doors along.

"Don't catch herpes, back in France, alright, Bright Spark?" He grinned, wrapping an arm along her shoulder warmly, rubbing her upper arm with a fond touch.

The notion of affection shouldn't have raised a tear or two to her glistening eyes, but it did, as she chuckled and shook her head, responding quietly with her head bowed down. "I won't, Greaser." She complied, sniffling away the wave of emotion threatening to drown her whole.

Izzy knocked three times upon the wood of the door, hardly having the chance to pull his white knuckles away from the surface as it swung open, Steven dressed in a pair of comically large, neon green, party shades, with his old beer-can-baseball-cap, strapped upon his mane of blonde. "Aveline!" He shrieked, enveloping her in a grizzly embrace, his classic, toothy, Steven grin stretching from ear to ear. "Come in! Come in!"

He ushered the two inside as Izzy simply rolled his eyes, a soft smile fluttered upon his uneven lips.

"I need you to re-dye my hair again, Ave." Duff grumbled, ruffling his mop of slightly outgrown bleach, his dark roots protruding through.

"You used to dye your own hair before I came along, Duff." She snickered, rolling her eyes amusedly with a teasing grin.

Steven shook his head, correcting her with a soft and drunken giggle, a mouth full of his hat's beer, "Actually," He began, "I used to do it." Aveline laughed heartily, shaking her head as a thought washed through her brain. She'd really miss these morons. Duff nodded his head in agreement, swinging his arm around Stevens shoulder, swigging from the overly large bottle of middle class vodka, pointing to her lightly dimmed expression.

"Somethings wrong with the Ginge." He stated. "And I don't mean Axl."

"That's a fucking first." Izzy grunted, rolling his eyes with annoyance at the mention of one of his eldest friends. Izzy hadn't quite decided when he planned to go about leaving the band - especially now that Aveline was going, he figured it'd be all too much for the group to handle in the space of a week. After all, he intended upon leaving during their time off in London. To grab a ticket back to Lafayette, and clean up, regain his life back on track again.

Aveline sighed smally, "I'm going back to Paris." She stated. Something caught her eye, a shuffle from the corner of the room. Curled in a seated position upon the floor, sat a crown of bushy curls, hiding Saul entirely as he buried his hands within a bottle of Jack, the empty Vodka rolling around at his legs, head secured within the grace of the top hat. She could only presume he had his shades to shield his beautiful eyes, too. And as she ran her gaze along his attire, she couldn't help the way her mouth ran dry; he truly was a blessing to look at.