chapter twenty-eight

~*~
TWENTY-EIGHT, 1992 - London.
Day Five ; Untied Boots and Stolen Roses

"SIT STILL." AVELINE giggled, her tender touch upon Saul's chin riveting an uncanny number of frustratingly prominent butterflies to swarm his stomach and crowd his throat. He smiled giddily, nibbling gently upon his bottom lip as she continued to scrub the copious amounts of paint upon his smooth, glistening and clear complexion. Saul was more than a little wasted, having indulged in a few extra shots - more like a whole bottle of Vodka - with Duff, as the rest of them cleaned up from their colourful array of activities.

And now, with her newly sober state, Aveline was gifted the wondrous chore of washing Saul's features, and readying him for some form of slumber. However, the utterly consuming and childish wave of intoxication had yet to loosen for Saul, and the towel was a little too cold on his cheeks, as he squirmed and swatted the helping hand away.

"I don't fuckin' want it." He slurred messily, leaning a little too far to the right and effectively almost toppling off of the toilet seat, Aveline's reaction the only support of balance for him to grip onto with a sheepish smile and a blown kiss.

She rolled her eyes impatiently, sighing and sneaking in a few extra scrubs with the rough materiel, "Hey!" He protested incoherently, "I said no."

"You've also made three fucking bee jokes." She snickered. "So can it, Hudson, I'm fucking tired."

He drew his tone to a whispered mumble, but discontinued his protesting nonetheless. "I think my bee, fuckin', jokes are pretty fuckin' good." He frowned, pouting lightly. "You don't like them?" The disappointment through his impish tone raised a saddened scowl to her brows as she breathed a frustrated breath, exhausted and frankly pissed off with how drunken Saul had managed to make himself within the fifteen minutes she disappeared.

"Of course I like your bee jokes," She sighed, brushing the pad of her thumb across his cheekbone with a weak smile. "I just want to sleep, Saul. I'm too tired to laugh." She truly was - the whole destruction thing wasn't particularly her scene, and it had really warn her energy down.

"Okay." He muttered, taking the ragged towel with a delicate touch, before roughly rubbing it with a strong lack of control, all along his face and his features, removing the paint effortlessly with a warming smile etched upon his lips. "Let's go to bed, Leanie." He nodded, wobbling upon his numb legs as they racked with a short shake. "You're sleepy."

"I am." She agreed, smiling bemusedly as he craned an arm to rest along her structure, his head lulled into the gap between their shoulders as they stumbled through the gap of the bathroom's door frame, trudging toward the bed and collapsing in some sort of intertwined hold.

Drunkenly, Saul raked his hands numbly through her locks, twirling them between his fingers and kissing her temple if he tugged a little too hard or she hissed in pain, until he podded into a gentle slumber with his tight embrace embroidered around Aveline's large amount of energy. She found her mind spinning, continuously thinking and unable to shut off, no matter how horrifically her eyes stung, riddled with exhaustion yet cursed with the inability to shut her mind off.

Perhaps tonight would be a sleepless night, she decided, sighing and tenderly maneuvering her way out of their tangled embrace, gently pecking the soft flesh upon his cheek as she pondered over toward the small table in the corner of the hotel room, flicking the switch to the kettle as quietly as she could.

Running a hand through her gingery mop, Aveline rested her weight against the stability of the plain table, glancing through the dimly lit room and resting her gaze upon Saul as his chest fell and rose steadily, mouth lightly agape with his hair falling here, there, and everywhere. A small smirk descended upon her lips as she shook her head, fondly recalling their previous few days spent together; exposing the way it made her heart viciously flutter within the dark, lonesome night.