Chapter Three

Jennie stared at Jisoo. She would never get angry for a silly thing like this, damn, Jisoo's specialty was her ever smiling attitude. So why changed today?

Her father shook his head with a small frown. Jennie looked into her plate guiltily. She didn't like that she was the reason the older girl didn't eat dinner this night.

"I'm sorry Dad, I didn't know why I said that." she muttered silently. Her Dad didn't answer back; instead he was staring into his plate as well.

"Where's Jisoo?" Beth asked with a small frown.

"Left." Jennie said with a sad smile. The house felt too suffocating without the heart shaped lips presence. She always lightened the mood; today it was too thick without her laughter and jokes.

"Left? What do you mean left?"

"We fought, like every day, but she walked away," she said feeling strangely alone. Her mom shook her head with a smile and then with a prayer, they all started to eat. The food was great, only Jennie couldn't eat it alone without Jisoo.

"I'll go and bring her," she said after she finished eating.

"I think she won't be there in her house" Her Mom shook her head.

"She'd have gone to her girl's house." Beth continued.

"She has a girl?" Jennie asked, as her heart thumped too loud for the whole world to hear.

"Well yep and the lass is beautiful. You should meet her one day." Her Mom smiled a proud smile that burnt her stomach.

"Why, of course. I'm so eager, I couldn't stand still," Jennie snapped sarcastically as she marched away from her house and towards the ranch. Her heart was vigorously pounding, her hands were sweating and she felt strange.

She saw a lone figure standing near the horse stall. She immediately recognized; it was Jisoo. Why was she here? Why didn't she go to her girl's house? Damn it, why was she angry?

"My horse Groton has an affair with Maybel, I think." An amused voice spoke. She stopped on her track.

"Maybel won't go for lower breeds."

"But, here she's licking at Groton's dark face, thoroughly. Bad-Bad-girl." She said seriously and then turned towards her. Her eyes were dark; the familiar mischievousness in it were gone and it was now intent. She found herself resisting the urge to walk closer.

"Maybe Maybel isn't like her owner." With that said she left her alone in the dark, staring at the two horses which were cuddling together.

How did this happen? Maybel and Groton didn't like each other in the past. They would snort always when they crossed the path, just like their owners. But what in the world happened to make it change?

And what did she mean? She was clueless.

~~~

The next day was bright and sunny; she woke up with a huge yawn. She couldn't sleep at all that night. Her mind kept playing Jisoo's dark voice saying,

"Maybe Maybel isn't like her owner."

What did it mean? What did Jennie do? Her voice was thick and harsh as she spoke those words. Jennie's heart fell down her stomach. It was a strange feeling. 

She got ready and walked towards her shop. On the way, she met Kai, all alone.

"I am waiting for you." He said with a beautiful smile. His eyes were warm and humid.

"What do you want?" she gritted her teeth, but she knew she was acting, for Kai's presence melted her heart.

"We need to talk, Jenjen." He said softly.

Jennie's heart somersaulted when she heard him calling her old nick-name. It was stupid, but only Kai had ever called her Jenjen. She wanted to clasp her hand with his, but she restrained. He was engaged.

"There's nothing to talk, Kai" She said sternly. He shook his head and his blonde hairs covered his eyes. He smiled sadly.

"We need to talk, about Us." He said carefully. His eyes held hers and she wondered what did he mean by us.

"There's no Us." She marched past him.

"I'll find a way to make you talk to me, Jenjen. I promise..." with that Kai left and this time Jennie stopped with a small smile. Kai was still as adamant as he was back then.

It was when she was 16 they both started to date. He was relentless; he would follow her everywhere till one day she said yes to him just to get rid of him. But the date was great and so she agreed for the next date and the next.

It was when she was 18 she proposed to him, but he didn't say anything. Two days later he left, just like that. No explanations, nothing at all. Jennie was devastated, she felt as if someone had killed her. It was painful.

She shook her head and walked towards her supermarket. She wasn't ready to grieve for him again. It was too long to feel sad.

"Good morning, Mrs. Roseberry," she called to the old lady. Marline Roseberry greeted back with a smile.

"We're rearranging, new goods came today." She explained.

"Sorry I was late." Jennie mumbled in shame.

"No worries, your young-lady is here to help." Marline said with a wink.

Her young lady? Who in the hell was it?  But then she saw her brown hair and sexy back; oh, right... she knew who she was.

"She's not my young-lady." She gritted her teeth.

"Yup. I won't go for egoistic, pompous, well-off brats." Her rich voice said harshly. She flinched back at the intensity in her voice. It was painful to hear someone calling you names. She wasn't snobby.

"Marline, where should I place the jam bottles?" She asked.

"Wow, I'm super tired, can ya help her?" Marlene sat on the billing section and waved Jennie away. She wasn't sure she could meet her again. She was acting strange and hurtful. It wasn't the Jisoo she knew.

"Yup, sure." Jennie walked towards her, her eyes downward. Suddenly she collided with a wall. Wait, why was the wall in middle of the store and why was it so warm? Something tingled in her body, something she wasn't sure. Sparks of electric bolt passed through her as a hand straightened her.

Then she looked up to see the heated eyes of Jisoo. Her heart shaped lips twisted dryly and she pushed her away as if she was infected.

And her heart constricted in pain. When she looked up, she wasn't there anymore.

~~~

Jisoo gritted his teeth. She was going crazy. The moment she stumbled upon her, all her self-restraint was gone; she wanted her so bad. It was so long since she wanted her and when her soft body flushed against hers, she wanted nothing but kiss her, but then she remembered what she said yesterday.

"Maybel won't go for lower breeds."

Was there any innuendo in that? Did she mean her as 'Lower breeds'?

Hwr hands fisted and she pushed her fists inside her pockets. She was currently in the store room, searching for the jam bottles. She knew she would be there when she went out. But she didn't want to see her. She affected her so much.

Oh God, why was this happening to her? Why couldn't she go for other girls, who found her charming and was ready to love her? But no, she had to love the only girl who thought of her as a pest, a rogue.

She shook her head and walked out, and was mesmerized by the sight in front of her. How much she wanted to hate her, but God, with a one look at her and she was turning mushy. Pathetic.

She was standing there, her black hairs covering her face. A small stream of sunlight made her face look flushed. She was beautiful and she couldn't breathe for a moment.

She cursed her weakness. It wasn't good. She knew even if she didn't go for Kai, she'd marry someone like Kim Jongin soft-talking, She wasn't one bit like that. So why did she still pining over her?

"Oh, I am gonna marry, soon, someone who would love me as much as...." She muttered under her breath, but even her couldn't believe her own words. Wretched body-parts... kill 'em all...