Chapter Seven

When Jennie came out, after fighting with Soojoo, she found herself staring at the immaculate face of Kai. His blonde hairs were neatly combed and gelled, his suit was crisp and clean. She wasn't one bit like the rugged and untidy Kim Jisoo, but for the first time she found herself frowning when she saw her.

"What do you want, Kai?" she asked as she studied the restaurant, where Jisoo sat with Soojoo, chuckling at something she told. Jennie gritted her teeth. That jerk, she was flirting with every single female in the town. It bothered her so much, she wasn't sure why.

"Jenjen, don't talk to me like I am someone else."

"You're someone else to me now and don't call me Jenjen." Jennie glared at him and it bothered her that she didn't find Kai attractive at all, not anymore when her heart was rounding the same jerk who was now smiling at Soojoo. What had happened? Why was she feeling like this now?

"Come on Jenjen, I wanted to be successful, is that really bad?" He said to convince her. Her heart accepted it, but it still felt painful when she was rejected for two times in her life.

"Ok, you are successful now, so what really do you want from me?" She asked, concealing her hurt. When he left her, she really wanted to know why no one liked her. Was there something wrong with her? Yes, she wasn't that beautiful, but she was not that bad too.

She turned to walk away, but Kai's hand grasped her. His hand was polished, smooth and soft. Jennie wanted to laugh suddenly. Did he do manicure and pedicure often?

"I want you back Jennie, I know I was a fool back then, but not anymore. I know what I felt for you was more than just infatuation." He said, his eyes burning inside hers.

"Wait, are you saying you want us to get back? What happened to your fiancé? What's her name again?"

"My fiancé? I am not engaged. And if you are talking about Krystal, she isn't my fiancé; she's my best friend and my best friend's girlfriend. She wanted to have a ranch wedding and that's why I brought her here and she was now gone."  He said, his eyes twinkling with something close to bliss. He was beautiful, Jennie had no doubt, but he wasn't as beautiful as the jerk. Oh God, she needed to check her brain right away. It was as if some ghost had haunted her mind.

"Oh, she's not your girl, well then." Jennie didn't know what else to say.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked. Jennie wanted to go out with him, but she wasn't sure now. There was a big gaping hole in her heart now and it didn't seem to fill up even after Kai said he wasn't engaged. Before she could answer, a small stone flew towards Kai and hit his head.

She turned from Kai to see Jisoo walking, or it could have been almost running. Oh, now she was spoiling her date? Wait, she didn't agree to go on a date, not yet, but it seemed Jisoo was purposefully trying to get revenge on her. She gritted her teeth as she marched towards Jisoo.

"Not so fast," she snapped. Jisoo turned to her and blinked innocently. Her warm brown orbs were ridiculously soft for a girl like her, so strong, hard and rugged.

"What Jennie? what happened?" her voice was innocent too, but she could see her lips twitching at the side, the jerk was laughing at her! She scowled.

"Oh, don't show that face to me, I know you damn much to believe you." She said with a frown. Her brows furrowed as she stared at the older girl, blaming.

"You spoiled my date, you talked bad about my girl and now you're lunging at my back. What exactly happened to you? Do you suddenly find me too attractive to resist? I even didn't wear makeup." Jisoo asked and pointed to herself. Jennie suddenly wanted her to wear makeup. Any reason to blame, to point at; but the damn jerk didn't even have to wear makeup. She was a chick magnet and she couldn't even resist her too TBH.

"Like that's going to happen. You're too full of yourself, Jisoo." She said as she threw her head back and laughed. She was surprised at herself. Why was she laughing now?

"You're beautiful, Brat." Jisoo said and then bit her lower lip. Jennie's breath stuck in her throat and she suddenly wanted to run away. Don't go there, her mind warned, but she was going hopeless. Jisoo's eyes searched inside hers and she could see she was nervous. The older girl bit her lower lip and Jennie had this urge to do the same.

What would it be like to kiss Jisoo? Jennie always dreamt of it when she was young. Jisoo was her hero, her knight in shining armor, until one night. Her dream castle collapsed and it left her in pain and dejection. Her little heart couldn't take it well and that's when she started to avoid her, hate her.

It still hurt to think about it, but she didn't know why she used to forget it so often, when Jisoo was near. It was the reason why she dated Kai, to forget her childhood crush, or was it more than that?

Kai was a perfect boy for her, he was everyone's dream boy and it gave her a strange hope. She didn't know whether she really loved Kai or not, but all she knew was Kai made her feel safe and special. It was enough for her and she didn't want to analyze it any further.

It was when she was 18 and she started dating Kai. He was relentless; he wanted her to go out with him. It gave her a strange pleasure to know that someone wanted to be with her, was that the only reason she had dated Kai or was there something more. She was confused and the confusion seemed to grow enormously when Jisoo said that words: You're beautiful, brat. Her words sounded like a melody to her ears; it made her heart sing and dance.

"I-I-" She stared at the stuttering Jisoo. Jisoo never stutters. Her heart fluttered and there were butterflies inside her stomach, the fluttering was that wild. Her eyes traced the older girl's jaw dropping features and she wanted to feel her, to touch her. Her heart wanted her so much, but her mind was protesting.

She wasn't ready for another round of heartbreaks and pains. When Kai left her, she was broken, and somewhat relieved. She knew she was being impulsive when she asked her to marry her, and she was relieved that he didn't accept it. But the way he rejected her proposal was crude and it hurt. When he left her, she was sure that she wasn't good enough to be anyone's wife. And that recognition shook her core.

She froze when she felt Jisoo's callused hand reached her cheeks. Her whole body tingled and she felt the sparks that she didn't feel when Jisoo grasped her hand a moment ago.

Everything stood still and so did her heart. It was only Jisoo; she couldn't remember anything or anyone. Her palms rested on her warm cheeks and she knew she would be redder than blood.

When she opened her mouth to say something, anything to Jisoo, a voice cut in.

"Jennie, so, do you still want to go out with me?" Kai asked. No, No, No... She didn't want to. She wanted this jerk. Bad girl.

Jisoo took her hand away and stumbled back as if she was on fire. Her eyes reached hers and there was a hint of vulnerability in them. Jennie didn't know what to do. Her hands reached towards the older, but she didn't saw it. Jisoo left...

Jennie shook her hand as she saw herself reaching out for Jisoo's. Her hand was in air and the older girl was far away.

"You like her" Kai voice brought her back to life as she sensed a small tear drop rolled down her cheeks, wetting her heart.

She stared at Kai and the guy stared back. She could see his pain in his eyes, he wasn't playing with her, she knew in that instant.

"No." She shook her head, but Kai smiled sadly. His face was dark and his eyes lost its usual brightness.

"You are lying Jennie, go after her" Kai said as he left her there alone.

Can I go after her? I can't bear another stroke of pain and hurt..  Can I? She whispered to herself as she stumbled away towards her ranch.

"Why did this have to happen Jisoo? Why can't I stop loving you? After all you don't really care about me!" Now the tears were rushing faster and faster and unable to control them, she let it be.

(This story contains only 15 chapters so there's no need to be a snail when it comes to updating. But please I need your support so that this will be a success, thank you❤️)