Chapter Six

Jisoo smiled as she saw Jennie stomping away. Her brat sure knew how to mess with others. Whoa, wait. Her Brat? Where in the hell did that come from?

"Jisoo, why are you smiling, you didn't say anything when she blamed me," Soojoo whined, sounding so much like a dead truck. Jisoo smirked.

"That's you ladies problem," Jisoo said all too seriously and with a wave to her she left her. She whistled a tune as she walked out of the restaurant, but then stopped when she noticed Kai talking with Jennie; a smile adorned her face and Kai was looking at her intently. Jisoo's heart thudded painfully as she watched them, as they talked. She couldn't hear what they were talking about, but whatever it was, she just knew it was going to hurt her. Dammit.

She kicked the stone on the way and to her dismay it flew straight at Kai's head, even the stone hated him! The brat was going to kill her for sure. Why did things like this happen only to her?

Jisoo turned to run away, but then stopped as someone clutched the back of her shirt.

"Not so fast," she snapped. She turned to her and blinked innocently.

"What Jennie? what happened?"

"Oh, don't show that face to me, I know you damn much to believe you." Jennie replied with a frown.

"You spoiled my date, you talked bad about my girl and now you're lunging at my back. What exactly happened to you? Do you suddenly find me too attractive to resist? I even didn't wear makeup." Jisoo asked with an innocent smile. Jennie's eyes rounded as she looked at her and then she blinked.

"Like that's going to happen. You're too full of yourself, Jisoo" Jennie said as she threw her head back and laughed.

Wow, she had a nice laughter. Jisoo looked at her enthralled, too captivated to look anything but her. Her laughter was so free and heartfelt. Her eyes shone in merriment and she looked like an angel, with her hair flying with the air.

"You're beautiful, Brat." Jisoo said and then bit her lower lip, what did she do? She didn't plan to tell that to her, but it was impulsive. Loving her was as easy as breathing in and out. It was a curse on many levels, she knew, but how much she tried she couldn't stop loving the brat, her little mandu.

She saw Jennie first when she came to her ranch with her Dad. She was 8 that time and the little girl in the house was 7. Jisoo was irritated by her at first as she kept following her everywhere she went, with those pretty brown eyes and gummy smile smile. Later she found it hard to neglect her and she played with her.

Jisoo brought her to the barn and showed her the horses. The cat eyed girl loved them in an instant, but she was afraid to go near them. The older girl lifted the cute little mandu gently and asked her to pat the horse. Jennie was scared and she hugged Jisoo's neck, but then she pulled away as the older encouraged her and giggled merrily once she touched the snoot of a mare.

That's when Jisoo lost it. Her heart. She didn't know it back then, but from that day onwards she used to visit her every damn day, just to relish her bubbly laughter and cute smile.

She would first pester her father, even if he was busy on some other works to go with him, but then her father told her that she could go alone if she wanted to go. Then It became her ritual; she did it usually, like bathing, eating, breathing... Seeing Jennie was important to her, more than eating. She didn't know what that ferocious protectiveness and possessiveness she felt for her, but she knew it wouldn't go away, not anytime soon.

Her mom was dead when she was young, so it was always only her and her dad. Now she got another person to live her life with, her little angel. Jennie was cheerful and charming. When Jisoo was with her, she could always smile. And another reason was Beth; Beth adored her as her own daughter. It gave her pleasure; warmth. She was happy that she too had someone to care for, other than her father.