Chapter 4

*Just another warning, this chapter has mature content in it*          

                 Entering the room, it appeared that all eyes were fixed on me. They made it seem like I had just killed someone. They were probably wondering if I would refuse my meds again and end up in isolation. If I had to guess, most of them had experienced Dr. Daring's wrath before. I slowly walked over to the table and took a seat next to Ashton. Despite every bone in my body screaming at me to not sit with him, I couldn't help myself. There was something about him that I knew I needed to keep him on my good side. I just hope I didn't regret this decision later on. He almost appeared shocked that I decided to sit with him but quickly replaced that look with a grin.

             "Glad to see I didn't scare you too much." He joked.

               I noticed that he seemed to take everything as a joke, even his own life. The only thing that he didn't make fun of was my kidnapping. I guess I should be thankful for that. I decided to make the most out of the situation. He was right, I couldn't just lay in bed and sulk all day. That would do nothing but make me depressed then I'd have an actual reason to be in here.

               "I figured that we could help each other in this hellhole. Plus, everyone else here is very boring and a bit crazy if you ask me." I laughed at my own joke.

                 He just shook his head with a grin on his face before he spoke again, "Okay, first things first, you have to take your meds. They need to be able to trust you or escaping here will never work."

                 "They will make me forget everything." I whispered; both our voices were hushed as our eyes scanned the room for listening ears.

                "I'll help you remember for now. After a week or so they will stop checking your mouth to see if you are taking your meds. Once that trust is built then you can stop taking them. That's what I've been doing." He said.

                 Part of me was somewhat concerned that he wasn't taking any medications because what if he decided to kill again? I was here for the wrong reasons and medication would only sedate me and make me forget crucial details. I didn't need meds but I'm sure Ashton does. I wouldn't think Ashton would hurt me but I barely knew the guy so who even knows. Janet was walking around serving everyone their tray of food. When it came to Ashton and me, she gave us a questioning look, curious why we were sitting together. Ashton had told me before that no one ever sat with him because he was a psychopath. Janet must think I'm really crazy now. She set a small cup in front of me with my pills in it. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared me down, daring me to refuse my meds again. I slowly picked the cup up and popped the pills into my mouth. Ashton gave me a reassuring nod before I grabbed my water and washed the pills down my throat, the bitter taste filling my mouth.

             "Open up and show me above and under your tongue." She demanded.

               I did as she asked and watched her closely as she inspected my mouth. She gave me a nod and then walked away. She headed towards Dr. Daring where I'm guessing she told him I took my medication without a fight this time. That sick bastard probably thought it was his doing that scared me into this. What he didn't know was that I was playing him, and I would get out of this place if it's the last thing I do. Once I was out of here, the police would come and arrest Dr. Daring. Just the little abuse I experienced made me believe that Dr. Daring was a cruel man who had been doing this for a while. He needed to pay for what he's done.

               "So, you never answered my question from before. Why do you believe me? Everyone else here thinks I'm crazy." I asked while taking a bite of my eggs.