Chapter 24

My mind was all over the place with emotions, fear being the biggest one. My adrenaline had kicked in which helped a tremendous amount. With Jax already injured from the fight, I had the advantage. Being as silent as possible, I grabbed a knife and a wooden baseball bat from the wall nearest to me. I sucked in a deep breath before I rushed over towards Jax. I swung the bat as hard as I could, hitting him in the side of the head. I was hoping it would knock him out and I could just get the police and they could come arrest him. I really didn't plan on killing him. I wanted him to suffer in jail for the rest of his life.

             Jax screamed as his body hit the floor. Wooden splinters and dark blood covered the side of his head now, but he was still conscious. That ruined my initial plan of knocking him out. He was cursing loudly as he held the side of his head where I hit him. My hands were trembling as I tossed the bat to the side. The knife glistened in lights above, shaking slightly in my hand. I needed to do this. There was no other way around it. Escaping was the only thing on my mind, and I had to do whatever was necessary to obtain that.

            "I can't wait to rip your insides out you fucking bitch." Jax snarled, blood dripping from his busted lip as he tried to get to his knees.

             Before he had time to face me, I took my knife and punctured his stomach just like he did to Ashton. That one was for him. Wanting to get the hell out of this place, I snatched the knife from the wound, knowing it would be harder to stop the bleeding if the knife was removed. I wasn't sure if I had cut him deep enough to kill but I knew in this condition he wouldn't be following me or to leave the house and that's all I needed to know at this point.

               I darted out of the door, down the hallway towards the stairs. This seemed too much like déjà vu, it was as if I was just escaping this place for the first time. Despite the burning in my legs and the weakness consuming me, I ran up the stairs only to find that the door to the top of the stairs was now locked. My heart was racing as I tried to think how to get out of here. I started smashing myself into the door, hoping to bust out the lock. There was no key around, Jax most likely had the one way out of here. Adrenaline was coursing through my veins which numbed the pain as I slammed into the door over and over, praying it would open.

              "Please, open." I cried as I hit the door again.

                Time was passing by and I kept looking over my shoulder in fear that Jax was coming for me. Screaming for help wouldn't help me. I had to get this door open. My shoulder was raw as I used every inch of power I could, but the door remained strong.

               "Do you need a key perhaps?" Jax's voice yelled, a mixture of laugher in with his words.

                  He knew I was still trapped here. This wasn't the end. I couldn't let Jax win. I rested my head against the door, trying to somehow make myself stronger to knock the door off its hinges. If there was a god out there, now would be a good time to help me. I took a deep breath and this time gave everything I had to smash into the door. Tears filled my eyes as I stumbled forward as the door swung open, the lock broken. The mini victory excited me, but I knew I wasn't completely free yet, not until I reached the police. I ran through the main part of the house, everything still looking the exact same. I flung open the front door, letting the fresh air fill into my lungs.

                The knife was still in my hand just in case I needed it later on. Blood covered my hands, making me nearly vomit. I wasn't a killer. I didn't stab people even if they deserved it. This wasn't me. Sure, I thought about killing him, but I never could actively go through with it. He was alive when I left so whatever happened after that wasn't on my mind.