Chapter 5

If I had to guess it had been about a month of being locked in this cell. Darkness consumed me for most of the days. My stomach grumbled, desperate for any piece of food. At this point, I had stopped constantly crying, not wanting to give Jax the satisfaction of seeing me fearful. I needed to try and escape, I couldn't stand being in here another moment. I decided that next time Jax came in here, I'd try and escape. Despite being injured and weak, I had to try. I couldn't give up. The chain on my ankle was heavy, tightly securing me to my cell. As soon as I was free, I'd make a run for it. I knew it was probably a mistake but I couldn't handle being trapped here any longer.

            It felt like forever before the door finally opened, leaving me blinded by the white light. My heart started to race, knowing I was about to see my abductor again. No matter how many times I've begged him to tell me why he's doing this, he gives me nothing. Was I really about to do this? If I failed, I'd be punished more than I've ever been before by Jax.

              He slowly walked into the room as if stalking his prey carefully. He towered over me but I knew better than to stand up before he unchained me, the first time I did that, he punched me in the face and left me in the darkness without any explanation. The second time I did it, he locked me in the room for three days without food or water. Let's just say I learned my lesson after that.

            I cowered back in fear, making sure to stay seating on the cold concrete. Jax was a terrible man, someone who I loathed more than anyone in the entire world. Without a word, he crouched down and unlocked the chain from my ankle. He only did this when he wanted to take me to his torture room. I learned really quick that he never took me out of the cell for a good reason. I slowly stumbled to my feet, giving a few feet of space in between Jax and I.

             He took a step towards me, reaching his arm towards me. I swatted his hand away causing him to chuckle. What was so funny? He took another step forward, this time more forceful. I jumped back and that's when I decided to take a swing at him. I managed to connect with his cheek but it wasn't as hard as I would have liked. He froze for a moment, stunned that I had hit him. This was the first time I had tried to fight him except the first time I had arrived here. Maybe he thought I was too scared to fight back or maybe he didn't think I was stupid enough to fight back.

              A smirk faded from his face as he glared at me. Now he was angry. Part of me was regretting fighting back at this moment. A snarl escaped his mouth as he swung his fist towards me. I ducked under his arm and I managed to get passed him. That's when I took off running as fast as I could. The hallway outside of the cell was all white, like remarkably white. I had no idea where I was going but I needed to keep running. Sadly, before I could find an escape route, my body was tackled to the ground. I groaned as my body it the ground, sending pain throughout to every part of me. I was quickly flipped onto my back, greeted with the dark eyes of my kidnapper.

          "You shouldn't have done that." He snarled, a reddened mark appeared on his face from where I had hit him.

         "Please, I'm sorry. Don't hurt me." I whimpered, mentally scolding myself for being so stupid.

             He yanked me to my feet, gripping extremely hard on my arm. He dragged me back towards his special room. The torture room. I screamed in protest but that just motivated him to get me into the room quicker. I didn't want to be hurt again. I didn't want to see his wrath. He flung open the door and pushed me inside, causing me to trip over my feet and fall to the floor. I got another look at all of his weapons to torture me with. My eyes widened as he shut and locked the door, fury in his eyes as he scanned my body. He didn't like being defied and that's exactly what I did. I was so stupid, why did I think I'd be able to escape?