Chapter 21

I'm truly alone again. Even though I only knew Kennedy for a brief period of time, she still made me feel less lonely. All I could do was cry and cry until nothing else would come out of my eyes. I didn't know what Ashton or Jax were doing but I didn't care. The future seemed so dull. Another innocent girl died, mainly because of me.

            I hate myself so much. I hate my own guts. I never thought I'd get to this point, but I've seen too many people die. Kennedy is dead because of me. I pretty much killed her myself. She would never be here if it wasn't for me. She wouldn't be dead if I had just submitted. Tears consumed me. I feel dead inside like all the good inside me is gone. I am nothing. What do I do now? Stay here and suffer over and over while thinking about my own mistakes. There is no escape and Jax is going to make me watch innocent people die over and over again until I lose my mind. Maybe death would be easier.

            Stop. What was I thinking? I couldn't go down this path. I needed to fight for my life. I had to get out of here. I needed to find Kennedy's parents and deliver her last words. I'd lie and say that she didn't suffer if that's what would make her feel better in heaven. But how do I escape him again? How do I survive? He's smarter now that he knows I escaped before. He wouldn't let me do that again. I was either in this room or chained to a wall in my cell. My escaped would have to happen again in this room. To get back into this room though means I'd have to risk getting hurt or someone else getting hurt. I needed to study this room and try to make a plan.

                I wiped away my tears, telling myself I had to be strong. I needed to get my act together and figure a way out of this hellhole. I needed to think clearly and that was hard when Kennedy's dead body was slumped in a chair a few feet away from me. My wrists were raw from the tightness of the cuffs on them.

               "I have a meeting to attend. Put her away and clean this mess up." Jax told Ashton, looking over at me and then over at Kennedy's body.

               Ashton nodded and Jax turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him. Now it was just me and Kennedy's killer. A psychopath. Someone who was probably just as bad as Jax. He took a few steps towards me and I immediately tried to retreat, only to find myself trapped.

            "Don't touch me." I snapped as his bloody hand reached for me.

            "Would you prefer to stay chained to a pole until Jax gets back?" He asked, crossing his arms over his muscular chest.

             He took my silence as a no. He was right but I wasn't going to tell him that. Because I had no choice, I let him uncuff me from the pole. I could make a run for it, but I didn't think testing someone who just murdered a girl was the best idea. I knew what Jax was like, but Ashton was a whole new thing. I had no idea who this man in front of me was and what he would do to me.

              He led me back to my cell without another word. He pushed me inside the room but let me go which made me raise an eyebrow. He wasn't going to chain me up? He paused by the door for a moment and looked down the hallway. Then he walked inside and shut the door behind him. What was he going to do to me? My heart started beating even faster, thinking of all the possibilities.

            "I'm sorry about the girl." He said but it came out robotic and far from sincere.

              "That girl has a name and you just brutally murdered her. You're not sorry. You're a heartless monster who doesn't care about anyone but himself." I snapped, venom in my voice.

            "It's not what you think. You have it all wrong." He said, stepping forward but I took two backward.

            "So, I didn't just watch you kill an innocent girl?" I questioned, daring him to try and lie or make up some stupid excuse for what I just witnessed.