Chapter 14

It was almost dinner time by the time I woke up from my nap. I had skipped breakfast and lunch which I didn't care about. I still felt sick to my stomach after the conversation Dr. Daring and I had earlier in the morning. It was still hard to believe that he would just give me back to Jax with no remorse. I wasn't ready to see him again. I didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't want to do anything. There was a chance I'd see Dr. Daring and that was one of the people I wasn't really wanting to see at the moment.

         Despite, my mind protesting to leave my room, I forced myself to get up. I needed food because who knew when the last time I'd get food. I needed to get over my fear of seeing Dr. Daring and put on a brave face. Part of me was afraid that I was actually becoming depressed. Maybe I really did need treatment at this point. I'd love to go up to Dr. Daring and ask him to treat me for depression. How hilarious would that be. He'd laugh in my face. I couldn't even think about it without grinning.

           The common room was already filled with people ready for dinner to start. I sat down at an empty table, not caring about all the stares I was getting. Honestly, I didn't care about anything. It was pointless since my death day was approaching. Ashton walked into the room and immediately found me sitting by myself.

         "How are you doing?" He asked.

          "How do you think?" I snapped, not intentionally being rude, it just came out like that.

            "I'm sorry. If you didn't know I didn't get good news today." I instantly said, knowing it wasn't his fault and I shouldn't be mean to him.

             "Did Daring tell you when Jax was supposed to be coming? It would be nice to be prepared at least." He asked.

             "Nope, he wasn't that generous." I rolled my eyes.

             He frowned. He was about to speak when the nurse came over to use with our medications. Was he seriously about to try and poison me again? Dr. Daring was crazy if he thought that I was about to take anything he prescribed. Ashton took his medication without a fight but that wasn't going to happen with me. I pushed the cup away, nearly knocking it over.

            "Alessa, please take your medicine." The nurse insisted.

           "Hell no. You can tell Dr. Daring to shove the medications up his ass." I snapped.

             Ashton nearly choked on his water that he was drinking. He started laughing softly to himself. The nurse didn't find it as amusing though. She looked over and found Dr. Daring. She gestured for him to come over to the table. He slowly made his way over, knowing it was me that was causing problems.

          "She won't take her meds." The nurse announced.

            "It's fine. Let her do what she wants. I'm probably going to change her medications anyway." Dr. Daring told the nurse.

              That was a total lie. We both knew what was going to happen to me and it wasn't a medication change. What would he tell the staff when I suddenly disappeared? More lies of course. I didn't have time to think of a legit plan so when an idea popped into my head, I didn't have time to think it over. When I saw the metal scissors in the nurses pocket, I didn't have time to think. I quickly reached for them and managed to get them from her pocket. Everyone froze and this was my moment to do something meaningful. I opened up the scissors and placed the blade against my throat.

             "What the fuck?" Ashton muttered, clearly shocked by my actions.

            "Alessa, what are you doing?" Dr. Daring asked, his words were careful and slow.