~ Fifth Chapter ~

"You're good, Harper!" called her Emmet.

It's been two days since Emmet succeeded the complete Djinn Equip. From that day on, Harper practiced his magoi. They would be in the woods, and Harper would use wire to move from one tree to the other. Masrur, along with Avalon, was learning her control.

Masrur and her were standing in the woods. She hit him with her feet, fists, and palms, but each blow was blocked. She swung her foot. Masrur took her for the leg and pushed her away.

"No..." she paused to breathe. "I can not anymore..."

"It's okay." Masrur said, approaching her. "You've made progress. You hit like Fanalis..."

Harper lays down on the grass, facing to the sky. The sun was caressing her sweaty face. The wind stormed and cooled her warm muscles.

"Similar to Fanalis?" she asked and looked at him.

He nodded, watching her. She sighed thoughtfully.

"I wish I was one of you..." she muttered, closing her eyes.

Masrur smiled slightly with a mysterious smile.

"Have you heard from the Kou Empire?" Masrur asked calmly and sat down next to her.

Harper shook her head. She opened her eyes and anxiously stared at the sky.

"They'll answer." Masrur said. "Yet their kingdom is concerned."

Nobody said anything for a moment. Then Harper got up in the air and stretched out.

"Can you show me your Household Vessel?" she asked, then clenched her hands tighter in the fists.

Masrur only smiled widely. He got up from the floor and began to explain.

~~~

Through the dream, Avalon felt the cold wind entering the room. She covered her head with a blanket and pressed her knees to her chest. She felt a tingling on the back. As many times as she would move to shake it, it would emerge again. She angrily turned on the other side. She squinted and almost screamed. In front of her there was Judal's face with a humorous smile. The window behind him was wide open.

"Judal..." breathed Avalon.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Judal said to her and moved slightly away from her.

"What... How..."

She tried to form some kind of question, but failed. She swallowed and shifted to a sitting position.

"I have only two questions..."

"Shoot." he said.

She raised one finger in the air and yawned briefly.

"First, what are you doing here?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Well..." she felt the bed leaning over when Judal sat down at it. "I came for you. The princes want to see you and talk about ghouls."

Avalon nodded sleepily, looking around the room. Then she looked at him and raised her second finger in the air.

"Second, how the hell did you come into my room?" she asked, confused.

"The lock on the window has loosened you. You need to fix it." he said, holding a fake serious expression.

Avalon on this narrow her eyes, and just looked at him. Judal rolled his eyes and sighed.