~ Twelfth Chapter ~

The rays of the sun caressed  Avalon's face. She opened her eyes slowly. She tried to move, but all muscle in her body burned. She squinted at the window. Aladdin's head was lying on the bed. He was in deep sleep. Somehow she managed to raise to the sitting position. She frowned when she saw Nathan on the other side of the bed, Harper on the couch together with Emmet. All were sleeping, and their heads hung funny. Her head ached.

"Good morning." there was someone whisper.

She turned her gaze to the left. At the door was standing Ja'far with his famous gentle smile. She returned his smile.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like someone beat me." she said hoarsely.

Ja'far giggled and got closer to the bed. He sat down on the edge of the bed carefully not to awaken Aladdin and Nathan. Avalon crawled to him. She put her head on his lap. Slowly he passed his hand over her cheeks.

"Why Kou Empire never jumped in to help?" Avalon asked when the memories were again clear in her head.

"Chaz sabotaged them. I'm not sure how. That's all Kouha said."

"And Judal?"

"He's a selfish prick. Does it even surprise you that he did not come to help?"

"Actually, no." she said and smiled.

Her eyes flew over Emmet and the rest. Only then she noticed Aisha sleeping on the bench next to the window.

"They were all here..."

She returned her attention to Ja'far's gentle dark eyes.

"They did not leave your room." he said.

She shook her head in disbelief.

"How much was I ever in unconsciousness?"

"One day, you've lost a lot of magoi."

She got up from his lap. She turned to watch him. There were no scars on his face. And yet, if he had some scars Yamraiha would heel them. She pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you..." she muttered to his ear.

"Why?" he said with a soft smile.

"For everything."

She separated from him so that she could see him. He smiled at her. When he opened his mouth to say something, someone collided with Avalon. She turned and saw Aladdin.

"Ava! You're awake!" he exclaimed.

"Avalon!" shouted all.

Suddenly Avalon found on the floor. Nathan and others were laying on her, hugging her. Avalon laughed.

"Can you get off me?" she said.

And they started laughing with her. They received her hands and raised her to her feet. Ja'far got up.

"Sinbad wants to see you later when you decide." he said softly.

"We decide what?" Emmet asked puzzled.

"Alright." Avalon said.

Ja'far nodded and left the room leaving them alone. Avalon sneaks back to the bed and they squeeze on the couch. Aladdin sat beside Avalon. Now, when the truth was known, they really looked like a brother and a sister. Emmet wondered how they did not understand before.

"What did Ja'far say?" Harper asked.

She turned her gaze on the window. Aladdin was suspiciously watching Avalon. He put his hand on her shoulder. She looked away from the window and lowered it to the smiled Aladdin. She did not say anything. He just nodded. He jumped from the bed and left the room without one word.