~ Ninth Chapter ~

"Har - Har Infigar!" exclaimed Aladdin with his wooden staff in the air.

There was a large fireball in the air that broke into a hundred small. Nathan squeezed his palms.

"Levitas!" exclaimed Nathan.

He swung his fists, and lightning broke Aladdin's fireballs. Still, several of them found the way to Nathan. He jumped to the side, avoiding the fireballs.

It was a little weird to use spell names. Aladdin asked him to try while he was exercising with him. Avalon and Aisha, unlike Aladdin, never used names. All the spells invoked in their minds. Aladdin explained to him that it was a lot harder than simply invoking the spell.

As they practiced, Aisha studied them. The week came to an end. Nathan managed to learn the other two elements; life and strength. When he had perfected everything, Aladdin had asked him to train the attacks. His most common attack was Har-Har Infigar, a fiery spell. Aisha explained that he had learned this first, and that made it a fire magician. Yet in this world wizards were not divided into categories. They were divided according to the strength of the attack.

"It's okay!" exclaimed Aladdin with a smile. "We're done for today."

Nathan sighed heavily and fell to the grass. Aladdin and Aisha giggled at his gesture.

"Come on, get up! Your friend is practicing Djinn Equip." Aisha said to him, leaning over his head.

He looked up at her.

"I'm dead." he said breathlessly.

"You're not..." she said with a smile. "Get up!"

He shook his head, rising. Aisha took him by the hand and helped him to get to his feet. They smiled at each other and started walking in the silence.

"Aladdin..." Nathan called out.

He turned to him with questionable expression. He had his staff tucked on the belt. He smiled at him.

"Yes, Mr. Nathan?" he asked.

"Who is Ugo?" he muttered.

Aladdin paused for a moment. He shook his head smiling.

"My old friend, Djinn. Long, long ago he was a friend of my father. His right hand. His real name was Uraltugo Noi Neuph."

Nathan's eyes widened. He must have heard somewhere that name... A long time ago... When he was about five years old.

"You reminded me of him." Aladdin said, looking at him. "As a human, he had the same pale hair and brilliant blue eyes, and he was a great wizard, smart and persistent."

"Where is he now?"

"With the other Djinn's..." Aladdin said. "Come on, we have to hurry."

They continued to walk to the yard. When they came there, Emmet practiced the attacks with Sinbad, and Harper trained with Masrur. She succeeded in expelling him several times out of balance. Avalon stood and watched them with her staff in her hands.

"Ava?" Aladdin asked when he jumped to her back.

"Hmm?" she asked.

She received his legs so he would not fall, and he hugged her around the neck. He leaned forward to see her better.

"Do you like anyone?" he asked her quietly.

"Wh-Wh-What? Why do you ask?" Avalon stammered, looking everywhere except in Aladdin.