~ Tenth Chapter ~

As they passed through a dense forest not far from Kou Empire, they were silent. Nobody said anything. They were tightly squeezing their weapon to calm down. They were not afraid, but there was some discomfort in them. They were not to blame. They saw hundreds and hundreds of dead, mutilated people after that attack in Maysville. They never mentioned it. Yet, in front of everyone, there was a picture of the bodies of people around which blood streams were gathered. Nathan sometimes dreamed of walking through the woods and finding Harper, Emmet, Aisha, and Avalon; dead and mutilated.

Kouha Ren joined them. He insisted on going with them. Emmet asked him where the other princes were. He explained that they will be close to the forest, some will even hide around the cabin. If they all joined, they would attract too much attention to themselves. That is why only Kouha went with them while Judal was flying high above the cabin on his flying carpet.

"What's the plan at all?" Kouha asked quietly.

"Sneak up to the cabin and freak them out." Emmet said and shrugged.

"The surprise attack..." said Kouha thoughtfully. "I like it. Leave the surprise attack to me."

"Kouha..." Harper began.

However, Kouha has already disappeared among the trees. He ran without another word.

"...hang on." Harper finished, though she knew he would not hear her.

"Great, Prince Perfect went to the cabin." said morosely Nathan.

"We have to hurry." Aisha said.

She put her gold staff for her belts on her back. They ran deeper into the forest in order to catch up with Kouha. No one knew exactly how long they were running. Half an hour? Maybe an hour. That did not even matter.

Sinbad stopped them all when there was a clearness before them. There was a wooden, old cabin in the clearing. In front of it were two wendigos similar to Assad. The shadow jumped over the trees.

"There's Kouha." Aisha whispered.

He was standing on a tree bent toward the cabin. He straightened up and out of the sheath slowly pulled his big sword. He saw them and waved them with their hand to move away. Nathan stepped out and spreads his hands cofused. Kouha replied, waving blades. He pointed toward the cabin. He shapes the word 'Wait a Sign' with his mouth, and then three fingers with his hand. Nathan nodded and then he withdrew from the clearing with the others.

"What did he say?" Harper asked.

"He said he would surprise them, and we are waiting for the sign." he said, raising three fingers like Kouha. "He will show us this when to attack."

"What the hell is he going to do?" Emmet asked.

"You do not want to know, believe me." Avalon whispered. "But it will be a very pleasant surprise for ghouls."

Emmett raised his eyebrows. Malicious smile form on his face. Turned his gaze back to the cabin. Everyone was watching the cabin and Kouha. They watched for a moment waiting for a sign. Kouha was not so far away from them so they could see everything he was doing. He closed his eyes, and the star of an eight-pointed star on his weapon lighted. He opened his eyes again. The sword in his hands grew. Now it was enormous and without any problems, one single movement could cut off all the trees from the forest. He stumbled on a branch trying to find a balance with a huge sword in his hands.

"K-Kouha..." Harper muttered.

"I-It's a little heavy that sword, huh?" Emmet asked.

Avalon and Aisha nodded. When Kouha established the balance, he prepared for the momentum. There was a strange look on his face. Before he jumped out of the branch he raised the other hand. Sign. They headed toward the hut when Kouha swung the sword to the roof. The blade easily passed the upper part of the house, and the roof flew and broke into a thousand pieces. Kouha smiled madly trembling, holding a normal sword in his hands now. Wendigos turned to him as well as all of the huts. He hit the sword in the ground, and it grew again.