Noah

Author's note: Hello! I'm really sorry about the long wait, it's just these types of chapters give me trouble. Third person, romantic element, that stuff. I suck at it. Especially the romance part. But anyway, what's up?

This is dedicated to _j_e_l_s_a_ because she is a fellow fangirl, votes on every chapter, and her comments make me smile. Also, she requested Nella. (It sounds like Nilla wafer, so that's the ship name) (Deal with it)

Once again, I love all you readers, all you voters, and all you commenters. All of you. Every single one. You're all amazing.

Just thought you should know.

So that's it. Have a lovely day/afternoon/night. (Circle one)

~***~***~

Noah woke up with a head ache and a body on top of him.

At first he thought that the shadow girl, Stella, had punched him in the face anyway, but then he realized that the limp form on top of him was Stella. This bothered him. Not because he didn’t like her, but because he did like her. He debated with himself on whether to push her off or wait patiently till she woke up.

He decided to carefully slide out from under her and then he stood, promptly smashing his head on the ceiling. “Ow!” he yelped, the word seeming to come out of his mouth much more often since he met Stella.

Rubbing his head, he looked around the room. It was more of a cell, white-ish clear stuff making a box about six feet by six feet. Not much room for personal space, or his 6’5” height. Noah stretched carefully and then winced at the sore ache in his shoulder. He rolled it a couple of times, deducing that he had probably gotten shot with a dart of some kind.

Sighing, Noah started to sit down just as Stella stood up behind him. He turned quickly, and then smacked his head once again. Stella snickered and he glared at her while she stood perfectly straight, her small figure allowing her to fit without stooping.

Noah leaned on the wall and slid to the floor. “Yeah, it’s funny as long as your head doesn’t hurt.”

Stella stopped laughing and sat down guiltily next to him. “I am sorry. For slapping you as well.”

Noah had momentarily forgotten about that, but he gingerly touched his cheek and felt the sensitive skin, most likely bruised. He sighed again, wishing he would snap at her but knew if he did he would feel bad. “I guess we’re even now. Princess.” he added with forced contempt, trying to put some bite in his statement and failing miserably.

    “Stella,” she corrected primly. “Here; I can help with that.”

Noah flinched as she raised her hand towards his face, and then recoiled as her fingers reached to his cheek. “What are you doing?” he backed away before she could touch him.

Stella inched forward after him. “I can heal it. That is my power.”

Noah shook his head. “Nope, no, I think I’m good, no need.”

    “It will only take a few seconds –”

    “Seconds that are needed for other things,” he said, backing himself into the corner of the cell. “Like…um…doing other things.”

Stella narrowed her eyes and spat out the first thing that came to mind, which was unlike her. “Just shut up, sit still and let me touch your face!”

Noah stopped arguing at the exceedingly strange command and Stella’s doll-like face went red. She huffed angrily and then suddenly electric shocks were making Noah’s entire body prickly and light as Stella set her fingers on his cheek. He didn’t despise the feeling, he despised that he liked the feeling.