The Deadly Virus Goes Round and Round...

SO IF YOU COULD READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE TOO THAT WOULD BE PRETTY SNAZZY OKAY THANKS.

So, the verdict is...sequel!

I think I'm going to make it a trilogy, because I'm really a perfectionist so the number three is more pleasing to me, I have the most AWESOME cover for the third book, (if I make it) and also I actually have a story plotline in mind, so I can make it work.

But once again, I ask your opionions, because I wish not to bore you. Seriously, be brutally honest.

So, for now, here's an update now, and there is a sort of epilogue thingy to set the scene for the next book that I'll probably put up in like a day to give to me time to make the prologue of the second book, which will be put up at the same time because both are sorta short.

Also, I'm working on condensing my writing, so the sequel(s) will be shorter than this book, but I'm going to do some major editing on The Elementals so that it isn't quite as long. Nothing in the plot is changing, I'm just trying to combine chapters so there aren't so many and it isn't as intimidating. So if you get any weird notifications, I'm sorry and that's why.

Dedication! Ra ra!

This goes to @Fourminette, because they are pretty cool, trilingual, vote/comment, and have a very funny and clever book that ya'll should read.

Aaaaaanyway, here's your chapter...

~***~***~

    "Is that-" I don't finish, instead start sprinting to the water, Terra and Coal on my heels.

About twenty feet out is the floating form of a body. I can't discern who it is, but I'm already diving into the waves, ignoring the calls of warning from Stella and Audrey.

Dread twists my insides as I approach the form. They look very much on the deceased side. And then my stomach drops.

It's Caelum.

I reach out and grab his arm automatically, and then cry out as a pain courses through my body like lightning.

    "Tide?"

I look back to see Coal and Terra already waist deep, following me worriedly.

    "I'm fine." I choke out, the pain fading, and start to drag Caelum back to shore.

    "Caelum!" Terra gasps. "Is he-?"

I don't reply; just pull his immobile form up onto the sand.

    "Stella!" I call but she's already kneeling there next to me, feeling for a pulse. I watch her intently, heart pumping, insides rolling.

Stella pauses before looking me in the eye grimly.

    "No." I shake my head.

    "Tide-"

    "No!" I cry. "He can't be dead! There's got to be something we can do!"

There's no answer, and Stella reaches for my arm but I yank myself away.

    "I'll pull the water out of his chest!" I say, concentrating and watching as the water comes out Caelum's mouth. He still doesn't move, take a breath, anything.

    "There's got to be a way!" I plead with Stella.

    "There is nothing-"

    "Sparky could try."