Chapter 3

The car stopped in front of an old filthy building. The five men stepped out of the car and stand in front of the building. ''Are you sure we're in the right place Angeal?''. The blonde of the group asked with confusion written on his face. "Yeah Cloud is right. This building looks abandoned we must have taken a wrong turn somewhere''. Genesis said to the rest of the men. All the men are very confused about the building standing in front of them. It really looks like it could collapse at any given moment. Nobody in his right mind would live there.

''We are in the right place. I didn't expect it to be this bad. At least we will be able to rescue a poor soul from here''. Angeal says while walking towards the door of the shop. The men quickly follow him inside the building. ''Are you sure we can get a pet here Angeal?''. Zack asks the burly man in front of him. ''Just go look around with Genesis and Cloud while Sephiroth and I go talk to the shop manager''. ''Oke Angeal! Let's go Spiky, Genesis''. He grabs Cloud and Genesis by their arm and walks further into the shop dragging the other two behind him.

You are lying curled up in your cage when you suddenly hear the door opening and closing. Suddenly the room is filled with unfamiliar voices. You can hear five of them. You are curious about this since the shop barely gets any customers. Your ears perk up in the direction where the voices are. You close your eyes again to sleep while keeping your ears focused on the voices. Suddenly you hear three voices getting closer. You finally realize they are actual customers. You make sure you are in the furthest corner of the cage and hope they don't see you. You are currently the only neko here so you hope they won't try to get you. You don't want to be owned like a pet anymore.

''This place really is a dump''. One voice exclaims when they enter the room where the pets are. ''Yeah it really is. I just hope we can get a nice pet here. I really want one''. ''Why don't we split up to search for one''. ''that's a great idea spiky''. You can hear their footsteps splitting up. You make sure to stay alert and hidden in the dark corner of your cage. Since the cages are so small they will still be able to see you. At least they won't be able to see you clearly.

One of the footsteps is getting closer and closer. You are shivering in fear hoping he wouldn't look in your cage. That hope was lost the moment you see a pair of blue mako eyes looking at you. ''Oh I didn't expect to find a neko in a place like this''. You stayed silent and made sure he wouldn't be able to see your face. ''Hey guys come check this out''. The man called the other two men over to your cage. While this is happening the shop manager comes in the room with two other men.

"What did you find pup? This better be good''. A man in a red coat says as he joins the other man in front of your cage. ''Look it's a neko''. He says while pointing towards your cage. ''A neko in a dump like this!? You must be joking''. Both of the men look in your cage. Shortly after they are joined by a blonde man with spiky hair. ''Isn't that cage to small for a neko?''. The blonde man says while also looking in your cage.

Looking at three pair of eyes, you try to make yourself as small as possible. All the while you are shivering in fear and try to avoid eye contact. The three men are joined by three others. Among them is the shop manager. ''I wouldn't take the neko if I were you. It's aggressive and not fit to be with humans. I've been thinking to get rid of it since it's been here for years and it's behavior hasn't improved. Why don't you look at some other animals. I wouldn't want for our great soldiers to be hurt by this animal''.

The five men are looking at the manager with astonished looks. They are all surprised about how this man is talking about a neko. ''What do you mean when you say getting rid of it?''. The tall silverhaired man asks the manager. ''Oh like I said it's useless so I was thinking to sell it to a brothel or something. If that doesn't work it will have to be put down''. The men are getting surprised the longer the manager talks. The manager is totally oblivious by the looks the men give him.

''We will take the neko. I have never been more disgusted in my life. The way you treat this poor neko is horrible and don't get me started on the living conditions here''. Angeal replies to the manager with anger seeping into his voice. ''Zack and Cloud you two get the neko out of there. Genesis you and I will have a talk with the manager here. Angeal why don't you start by reporting this place''. "Yes sir". Was the chorused reply to the orders given by Sephiroth.

All the while you were keeping an eye on the men and were still in the shadows shivering. Oh no they are going to take me. What do I do!? All though they were appalled by the manager when he spoke about me. Does that mean they will be nice? No don't get fooled (y/n). This wouldn't be the first time somebody tricks you by being nice. The two men are getting closer again. They are in front of your cage now and are slowly opening the door. You hissed at them.

"Hey there kitty. Don't worry we won't hurt you''. The man with the black spiky hair says while slowly inching his hand into the cage. You keep hissing at them, to warn them to stay away. He obviously doesn't listen since he keeps pushing his hand inside. Well time for drastic measures then. You lengthen your claws and scratch at his hand.

''Ow shit that hurts''. The man retracts his hand to look at the scratches. ''Damn those claws are sharp''. ''Are you all right Zack?'' The blonde man ask the other man now known as Zack. ''Yeah I'm good Cloud. The kitty is probably just scared. I'll keep trying I won't leave him or her here''. The blonde man, now known as Cloud, nods at the words of Zack.

Zack keeps smiling at you and now puts his hand in the cage again. While he does this he keeps trying to say reassuring words at you. Like you would fall for that. Though he is quite persistent and he has a nice smile. His eyes are filled with honesty and concern. When his hand gets close again you try to scratch his hand again. Unfortunately Zack has good reflexes and manages to catch your wrist.

'Oh no! what do I do now? he caught me'. While you were distracted with your thoughts you didn't notice him putting his other hand inside the cage. You use your other hand to scratch at the hand that is holding your wrist. While you are scratching him, his other hand manages to catch your other hand as well. Now he has both of your wrists in his hands. He tries to drag you outside of the cage. You are struggling to get out of his grip but nothing works. Zack is strong he's not budging an inch.