Chapter 16

You were absolutely starving so you ate a lot. But even you were surprised with the amount you ate. ''Wow I guess our kitty was hungry.'' Zack laughed while ruffling your hair. All the men are quite surprised with the amount of food you ate. Afterwards you all had a nice conversation with a few laughs here and there.

It was really nice. It made you happy to know you are a part of this group. You leaned back on Sephiroth's chest with a satisfied smile while watching Genesis and Zack bicker again. Sephiroth starts to stroke your hair which makes you purr softly. He could tell that you are happy and enjoyed seeing you like that.

Unfortunately it was time to leave. You all cleaned up the mess you made. The generals are coming down to the garage with you, Zack and Cloud to see you all off. They still had work to do after all. At least now they are more relaxed due to this break.

Sephiroth is the one to carry you again. He quite enjoys carrying you around. To be honest all the men did. While walking you played with Sephiroth's hair. You are one of the select few who is allowed to do that. His hair is just so silky. You can't help but having to run your hand through his silver tresses.

You were so distracted with playing with his hair you didn't notice Sephiroth tense up and stop walking. The others also stopped and also tensed up. You finally noticed the situation when a nasal voice spoke up.

''My, my what do we have here?'' the sound of his voice send shivers down your spine. Your instinct tells you this man is bad news. You cautiously peek back to catch a glimpse of this man. He has his greasy hair tied up in a ponytail, wears glasses and the most noticeable feature is that he wears a lab coat.

When the man makes eye contact with you, you quickly turn back to hide your face in Sephiroth's neck. His scent somewhat keeping you calm. You now notice the tension in the air. ''Why is my prized experiment carrying that around as if it's precious?'' Angeal finally speaks up ''We were just leaving Hojo. We don't really have the time to chat.''

He starts to walk again and the others follow. When it's your and Sephiroth's turn Hojo stops you. He tries to get a good look at you and catches your arm. You turn your head towards him and start to hiss at him. Before you can do some damage to Hojo, by using your fangs and claws, Sephiroth grabs his arm and shoves him to the side.

Sephiroth quickly starts to walk again. You all hear the man cackle behind you. ''Haha I see now.'' You all ignore the man and start to walk even faster. When the adrenalin rush starts to die down, you start to shiver in fear. You could tell the man was bad news. It scared you of what he could do and what did he mean by prized experiment. What has he done to Sephiroth?

You feel two hands rubbing your back trying to calm you down. ''It's alright dear. We won't let anyone hurt you.'' Angeal coos at you and keeps rubbing your back with one hand. The other hand belonging to Genesis who is standing on your other side. ''He's right angel. We won't let anyone hurt a single hair on your head.

''I'm sorry. That man just gave me the creeps. My instinct told me he is bad news.'' You look up at them to see them smiling reassuring at you. ''Then you have great instincts kitty. Whatever happens stay away from that man.'' You look to Zack to see him holding Cloud. I guess you aren't the only one that gets the shivers from that man. ''The same goes to you Cloud. Stay away from him and don't ever show him any sign of weakness. Unfortunately today showed him our weakness.''

Everyone looks towards Sephiroth who spoke those ominous words. ''What do you mean?'' Zack looks at Sephiroth with confusion. ''What he means pup is that we made it too obvious that (y/n) is important to us. He will use that to his advantage if he ever needs it.'' You couldn't help but feel terrible when you hear Angeal's words. You are their weakness? Does that mean it will be your fault if they get hurt?

You unconsciously release a whimper when these thoughts cross your mind. The men's attention immediately goes towards your trembling form in Sephiroth's arms. ''Kitty what's wrong?'' Zack and Cloud come closer towards you. ''I'm sorry.'' At first they look confused but they quickly realize the problem.

This time it's Cloud who steps forward. ''Don't be. I know how you feel I've been there before. Just know that this is not your fault. We all love you very much and we want you to be with us. We gladly take any kind of pain as long as it means you are safe.'' He cups your cheek as you look at him with watery eyes. ''We won't trade having you for anything else in the world.'' As soon as he finishes his sentence he plants his lips on yours. The kiss is filled with love and shows you he means every word he said.

When the two of you separate he smiles at you. ''Now smile for us (y/n). We love your smile.'' You smile at him with a blush on your face. ''Now let's get you guys home quickly.'' Angeal says before starting to walk again. You all quickly follow. When you finally reach the garage it's time to say goodbye to the generals before going home.

You give them all a tight hug and a kiss on their lips. ''Don't work too hard and get home in time for dinner.'' They all smile at you. They love how you worry about them although they will never say that to you. ''We will angel now get home safely.'' Zack, Cloud and you get in the car and start to drive home.

During the drive home you lay your head on Cloud. None of you all yet realizing the consequences of today.