Ten

A/N Slight trigger warning.

Taehyung sat on Jeongguk's freshly made bed, shirtless and extraordinarily self-conscious. He brought his arms up, convulsively crossing over his chest in an abortive attempt to cover himself. Why he'd let Jeongguk talk him into this he'd never know.

"Hyung." Jeongguk whined, tugging at his hands. "Your hands are in the way."

"Why can't I wear a shirt?" He asked again.

"Because it's supposed to smell like you, not me." Jeongguk explained, pushing on his chest with his injured hands until the older boy was laying on his back atop the clean fitted sheet. The rest of the bedding was neatly folded down at the foot of the bed.

"I know why I can't wear my shirt. Why can't I wear a clean one of yours?" He pressed.

"Because." Guk climbed on top of him, straddling his hips.

He noticed he got to keep his shirt on. Although admittedly that was probably for the best. Tae wasn't sure how firm his self-control would be if they had that much skin to skin contact in Jeongguk's bed.

"Because why? Wouldn't it help? Since it already smells like you." He reasoned.

"Just because, Tae, ok?" Jeongguk snapped impatiently.

Taehyung's lips turned down at the corners in disapproval. "First of all, honorifics, Guk. I'm your senior. And second, watch your tone when you speak to me. I just want you to explain it to me. Calmly. I don't have to do this, you know."

"But you said." The petulant whine in Jeongguk's voice returned. "We made a deal. You already cut my claws, you can't take it back now."

That had been one of Taehyung's conditions. Jeongguk had to have his claws trimmed before he scented him. The reason behind it was two-fold. First, he wasn't sure Jeongguk would actually follow through once he got everything he wanted. At the very least he anticipated it would lead to a argument about the value of keeping your word and he honestly didn't want to deal with that right now. The boy could be a real brat and sometimes it was exhausting. Secondly, those sharp little claws digging into his skin had left stinging scratches on him last time and he wasn't eager for a repeat.

"Yes." Taehyung agreed patiently. "I said that I would move Namjoon's things, give you my shirt and let you scent me. Nowhere did I agree to do it shirtless. And I don't feel comfortable doing it this way unless there is a valid reason for it."

"Why not?" Taehyung was hyper aware of Jeongguk's warm hands now resting on his naked torso.

"Because it's very intimate and I feel uncomfortable being shirtless this close to someone I'm not in a romantic relationship with." He explained. He always tried to be honest with Jeongguk, even if it was a little embarrassing. He thought it helped encourage the boy to open up to him in return. "So unless there is a good reason for it, I will be getting up and putting a shirt on before we begin." He informed the young hybrid, rising up on his elbows below him.

Jeongguk nodded, his weight shifting to his splayed hands in an unconscious attempt to push Taehyung back into the bed. "It's um... It's hard to explain." Jeongguk hesitated, his head tilted slightly, and his ears swivelling restlessly, his left hand lifted from Taehyung's chest to pluck at the fine hairs on his cheek.

Taehyung had learned early on that the hybrid's ears were the key to understanding what was really going on in Jeongguk's head. They seemed to move of their own volition, completely outside the younger man's control and they couldn't lie. He suspected Jeongguk's tail might be the same but the boy usually kept it covered with his trademark baggy tees, so he couldn't be sure. Restless ears meant Jeongguk wanted to say something but wasn't sure how. The soft plucking of the downy hair on his cheek meant he was embarrassed or uncomfortable with those thoughts. Taehyung knew if the boy didn't spit it out soon they would be begin to flick in agitation and that's when Jeongguk tended to get tetchy and rude. Teenagers and their pride.