Twenty Nine

The first thing he forgot was the exact colour of Namjoon's eyes. If asked, of course Jeongguk could tell you that were brown and perhaps if you showed him swatches he would pick the precise shade, so dark it was almost black. Now, when he closed his eyes and tried to envision those eyes, all that came to him was Taehyung. Taehyung, whose eyes were almost the same colour, but somehow seemed deeper, as though they held all the secrets of the universe if only he could look deep enough.

The next was the shape of his fingernails. Then the curve of his ear. The sound of his breathing. The cadence of his footfalls in the hall. The smell of his shampoo.

And then one day, Jeongguk woke up, surrounded by Taehyung's warmth and Taehyung's scent and the steady rise and fall of his chest and Jeongguk couldn't remember what it had felt like to wake in Joon hyung's arms. He couldn't remember if he'd felt safe like this, secure in the knowledge that no matter what life threw at him, no matter how cruel or cold the world became, the person at his back would be there, warm and steady. Taehyung abided, constant and unchanging at the sun.

For the first time it didn't feel like a betrayal when those arms tightened around him and he felt his heart stutter and race.

So when he felt the nuzzle of Taehyung's face at the crook of his neck, he let out a contented purr, nestling back into the comfort of his embrace and drifted peacefully back into slumber.

A/N It's super short, I know. But it needed to stand on it's own.

Also, OMG how soft is our Bun? I love him so much! 😭😭💖💗

Remember to vote, my dears.

And always remember, I purple you!