Thirty Four

He pushed open the blacked out glass doors, setting off an electronic trill throughout the store. He had expected it to be dingy and dimly lit, but if you didn’t look at the displays, posters or shelves too closely, it was just like any other specialty shop he’d ever been to.

“Hi.” The woman, perhaps in her late twenties and casually dressed in tee and jeans, sat behind the counter greeted him brightly.

“Hi.” He smiled tentatively and she smiled back widely.

“Can I help you?” She asked curiously.

“Uh...” He paused, swallowing nervously. “Actually yes. I was looking for...” He cleared his throat, face now flaming and tried again. “Umm, I saw online that... That is to say, I, um.” He gave himself a mental and physical shake and started again.

“Hi." He huffed out a breath, his shoulders rising and falling adorably. "I’m looking for something to help with err, stretching? Before sex.” He managed to get out.

“Vaginal or anal?” She asked professionally and he breathed a little easier.

“Anal.” He answered shortly, unable to meet her gaze. God this was mortifying.

“Absolutely. We have a few things that could help. Follow me.” She walked out from behind the counter and grabbed one of the small shopping baskets nested inside each other, walking down one of the aisles. “Have you or your partner ever had anal sex before?” She asked, handing him the basket.

“Er, once. But it was... not great.” He admitted and she nodded sympathetically.

“It can be uncomfortable if you aren’t prepped properly or you aren’t using enough lubricant.” She agreed. “We have things like anal beads, the size graduation can really help with the stretching you mentioned. And we have plugs for maintaining a stretch once you achieve it. Were you interested in prostate massagers or vibrators?”

Taehyung felt a little overwhelmed, squinting back at her uncertainly. “Maybe?”

She gave him a reassuring smile. “Were the items for yourself or a partner?” She asked in a straight forward manner that was oddly comforting.

“Me.” He answered, looking away briefly.

“And did you want them simply for prepping before sex or did you want to incorporate them in sex play?”

“Oh. I guess I didn’t get that far.” He admitted.

She nodded in understanding. “Well, what’s your budget like?”

“Oh, um, no budget really.” He informed her.

“In that case, maybe get a few of the more basic toys and you can decide what you like later? Then next time you’ll have a better idea of what suits your needs.” She seemed fairly confident he’d be back.

“Yeah, ok. That sounds good.” He agreed.

She plucked a few products off the shelf and handed them to him nonchalantly. “Purple, blue or black?” She queried.

“Purple.” He said automatically and she handed him another box.

“Do you have lube?” She asked and he shook his head.

“Water or silicone based?”

“Er, what’s the difference?” He asked, baffled.

“Silicone is good for intercourse. It tends to have a silkier feel and it stays wet for longer, but you can’t use it with silicone toys. To be honest, you’re probably better off getting both, unless your or your partner are allergic to silicone. You should definitely do a patch test. Trust me, a silicone allergy is not something you want to discover in the heat of the moment.” She said dryly and if possible Taehyung blushed harder.